What trams are available.

Monty

Registered
16 Apr 2018
Springwood, NSW, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Argyle Loco will soon have a 1:32 tram and trailer with live steam and electric versions available.

alw467.jpg
Hi Mr Paradise,
This has been talked about for some time and I have put my name down for one but I can't find any details on Argyle's web site.
Do you have any recent information from the company about it?
cheers,
Monty

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Another worth a mention if you like modern is the North Pilton Flexicity kit.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Do you run DCC in the garden, I ask because on starting in the larger scale I thought battery would be the most reliable way forward for me.

I'll be using a combination of steel and nickel silver rail, It would be interesting to hear what others do?

David
Battery/track power discussions have been on going since whenever, no doubt it will continue to be discussed for many years to come! Both have merits and draw backs. The main thing for track power is usually its put the loco on the track and it goes, downside is cleaning the track. Battery power usually needs modifications to expensive locos, and remembering to charge, but the track doesn't need to be cleaned as much.
Up to you really

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Steel in the garden, have you a plan to stop the rust!
Many moons ago a guy I knew in the Mill Hill and District Railway Circle of which I was a member, who built a Garden Railway using old Hornby Tin Plate Track. The last thing that one would think of using but he had lots of it available, he used to just give it an oil with a special wagon build for the purpose that dripped a small amount as it was dragged round the track by a converted Hornby (oh and yes real Hornby the Liverpool lot) Clockwork Loco. Great fun layout from the 60’s. All the stock was old Hornby converted with Cardboard to sundry Narrow Gauge vehicles as were the clockwork locomotives, needless to say he did nit run in the rain. Wish I had taken the odd picture now.

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Steel in the garden, have you a plan to stop the rust!
Sorry, should re-read my post before posting, stainless steel rail from Cliff Barker which he insists isn't difficult to solder feed wires too, I have tried it yet, that fun is to come.

David

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
LGB did a nice electric version of the OEG #102 tram years ago. Regner just released a live steam version with gear reduction drive so it runs smooth and docile as a tram should. Regner also did one called Otto and Fanny years ago, and Roundhouse have done a couple in live steam as well. I run a combination of both live steam and battery powered electric models with the primary focus on live steam. With either, no track cleaning required other than sticks and leaves. Overhead wiring tram layouts are neat but the overhead gets expensive very quickly. Mike the Aspie

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Mr Paradise,
This has been talked about for some time and I have put my name down for one but I can't find any details on Argyle's web site.
Do you have any recent information from the company about it?
cheers,
Monty
Apparently the Argyle/Accucraft NSW steam tram is in final stages of costing with the manufacturer prior to production and some other models have taken priority so things are slowly moving forward although no ETA at the moment.
No timetable but If you wait long enough a tram will come along eventually. :) I think Argyle will contact those who have shown interest once things get underway.

Monty

Registered
16 Apr 2018
Springwood, NSW, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Apparently the Argyle/Accucraft NSW steam tram is in final stages of costing with the manufacturer prior to production and some other models have taken priority so things are slowly moving forward although no ETA at the moment.
No timetable but If you wait long enough a tram will come along eventually. :) I think Argyle will contact those who have shown interest once things get underway.
Much Ta! Won't hold my breath but will keep an eye on the web site. Monty