TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
LGB TRACTOR.
ABOUT TO BE FITTED WITH ESU LOKSOUND XLS SOUND DECODER TO REPLACE LGB CHIP
what sound would be closest ?
I was thinking that the small geared shunter/switcher or KOF diesel ?

Any thoughts, chaps ?

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like Massoth are about to release the proper sound for it:clap:Check their site

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Plus, if you can wait a little while longer till Massoth release their new "S" module, you can have it programmed with the correct sounds and then simply add that on to the existing LGB decoder rather than rip it out and replace it completely - unless, of course, the original decoder is giving you trouble?

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
Thanks for your suggestions.
Massoth do not yet have a release date for their sound file and I believe that the Tractors were re-engined with American Cummins engines, so I don't know whether this will be the correct sound.

If I use the ESU unit I could go to Switzerland and record the actual locos and then program the Loksound Decoder.......hmmmm....sounds like a good idea....where did I put the passport ?

Aljosha

Animals + their Surgery ;-), G/H0 Scale, Trumpet,
24 Oct 2009
Paris, France
Best answers
Hm, for the ignorant:
The loco LGB released WITH sound - is that the genuine RhB sound?

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
Regrettably not.
LGB do a series of generic sound units, e.g. American Diesel, Eurpoean Steam which they fitted to many units. However, when you consider that one of these stand-alone units is now about £160 you can get an ESU or Massoth unit for the same price and be able tgo program it with whatever sound you want.That is not to decry the LGB units - for the simplicity and convenience they are fine, it is just that any US diseel sounds like any other US diesel, or any European Steam like any other Eurpoean Steam.

Since writing the original I have fitted an ESU and will post a short video link in due course to show what I have done.

Thanks for your interest