WHAT SIZE transformer & controller ........... ???

Software Tools

Registered
18 Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I found this online 60195 120V with a USA style plug ............ is this the equivalent to the Euro style 50195 220V with the Euro style 2 prong plug ?? (edited)

They have essentially the same ratings as for as the DC side is concerned, and would deliver enough DC energy for a ~5 Amp controller.

However the one with the Us plug is only rated for 110-120V AC input, so may not be a great choice with a 127V AC mains supply. The one with the Euro plug should be OK with a 220V AC mains supply.

hankbonaire

Registered
20 Jan 2021
bonaire
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you Software Tools ............... I have never understood electricity.
So, if I have a washing machine with a 120V 60Hz motor and plug it in my wall outlet here which has 127V 50Hz ................
will it run faster or slower or will the machine's timer really care ??

I know this is off topic ............ apologies to the Mods.

hankbonaire

Registered
20 Jan 2021
bonaire
Best answers
Country flag
They have essentially the same ratings as for as the DC side is concerned, and would deliver enough DC energy for a ~5 Amp controller.

However the one with the Us plug is only rated for 110-120V AC input, so may not be a great choice with a 127V AC mains supply. The one with the Euro plug should be OK with a 220V AC mains supply.
Thank you. 127V fluctuates so I imagine 220 does too. If you buy a major appliance here, it will not be guaranteed by the store unless you install a transformer upstream.

Software Tools

Registered
18 Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
So, if I have a washing machine with a 120V 60Hz motor and plug it in my wall outlet here which has 127V 50Hz ................
will it run faster or slower or will the machine's timer really care ??

It depends on a whole bunch of things.... synchronous AC motors are definitely frequency sensitive, but nowadays a lot of rotary appliances use Pulse Width Modulation methods to control DC motors, so it's uncertain where you would end up with a different mains frequency.

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Note: The higher the A/C frequency the smaller the capacitor needs to be after being rectified for DC usage.

hankbonaire

Registered
20 Jan 2021
bonaire
Best answers
Country flag
Note: The higher the A/C frequency the smaller the capacitor needs to be after being rectified for DC usage.
Thank you Dan .......... I really don't know what that means except capacitors help my large air compressor and 5 HP 220V table saw get started and they don't produce DC ......... just a kinda shot in their rears to get started.