What I did on my holidays...

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Currently I'm roughing it in the south of France, and today hired a car and went from Menton to Sospel. On the way I passed a bizarre viaduct, just like the ones you see on improbable 009 layouts: well, just to prove that truth is stranger than fiction: https://translate.google.fr/transla...ram/MentonSospel/MentonSospel.htm&prev=search

The road is properly steep so electric traction was probably the only way. Hats off to all the engineers and labourers -it's a remarkable achievement...

Reactions: 3 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Currently I'm roughing it in the south of France, and today hired a car and went from Menton to Sospel. On the way I passed a bizarre viaduct, just like the ones you see on improbable 009 layouts: well, just to prove that truth is stranger than fiction: https://translate.google.fr/transla...ram/MentonSospel/MentonSospel.htm&prev=search

The road is properly steep so electric traction was probably the only way. Hats off to all the engineers and labourers -it's a remarkable achievement...

Sadly, it wouldn't load up on my PC:cry:

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Loaded up for me, a fantastic line, amazed at the concrete structures. Many thanks for posting.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Wow.... we have driven through Menton a few times and stopped for a short perambulation around the town but I missed this..... excellent post Northsider

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I'm impressed, if you built all that while you were on hols :rock::rock::rock:

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Charming link.
Puts trolleys into a different perspective for me. Much more than urban transport.
Bon voyage!

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
No go here either.....:cry: