W&L Double Headed

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Hi all
We steamed an Accucraft Earl and Countess double headed at Roy Wood's Holt Wood Light Railway on Friday - just one session as it was cold enough for snow - and I managed to get some video using the small camera. There are no special effects, sound enhancement or slowing down (in fact it is a little too fast in places!) - just the usual editing. Apologies to those who have seen this elsewhere as I posted it to the 16mm groups.

It is at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23r_5qBKhkI and on my website news page. Cheers Chris

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
keep running like that, who needs special effectsa when it sounds/looks soo dam good

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
Brilliant, can't wait to get mine!

pjti

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
I don't normally bother looking at video or pics, even less would I bother to comment.

That was one of the best I have seen, well done, you have set a good standard for others to follow.

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Very nice bit of video! They sound great together too.

#thinks must buy digital video camera#&:

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
Lovely engines and sound.Pictures well taken sir......:clap:

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Great video Chris, as are all of yours- all the better for the lack of showy computer manipulation in my opinion :)

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Stunning!!!

ceejaydee

Big Trains
29 Nov 2009
Far East of Bedfordshire
Best answers
Beautiful sound :cool:

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
New Haven Neil said:
Very nice bit of video! They sound great together too.

#thinks must buy digital video camera#&:

Well thank you to everyone for your comments - it is great fun making steamy videos and even more fun to share the pleasure!

Neil - I only use still cameras with video function for my videos, rather than dedicated video cameras. This one is a tiny Sony WX1 with a very wide angle lense and HD video (purchased at mega discount). Normally I use a big, heavy Fuji s100fs with a flip up viewfinder but I think this little camera is much better. It could do with a gyro mount though, expecially for the tracking shots.

Here is a still shot with the same camera - and at this stage, Countess had run out of gas and Earl was pulling everything on 10psi!!

Cheers
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]