USAT 44 Tonner

Mohawk Valley

Registered
11 Feb 2023
Coventry UK
Best answers
Country flag
Any time, and suggestions on clarifications or errors, or omissions are always welcome, it's public to help others, like some great people who helped me.
Update on the 44 Tonner…

I’ve bitten the bullet and bought some brand new motor blocks from a contact in America. They arrived this morning and were fitted this afternoon…the Mohawk Valley RailRoad now has a fully working 44 Tonner…yippee!

Cheers

Martin

Attachments

• IMG_6903.jpeg
    IMG_6903.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6907.jpeg
    IMG_6907.jpeg
    602.7 KB · Views: 0
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Not to be a "debbie downer", but you should REALLY open the motor blocks and see if any of the gear castings are ALREADY cracked... (I have 2 44 tonners that were purchased "new" and they had cracks already"...

So you can do the "fix" to prevent it from getting worse, and if they are not cracked, prevent it from happening...

The attached link gives info including how to remedy the cracked axles.

They WILL crack, it's just a matter of time.

Greg

Reactions: 1 user

Mohawk Valley

Registered
11 Feb 2023
Coventry UK
Best answers
Country flag
Not to be a "debbie downer", but you should REALLY open the motor blocks and see if any of the gear castings are ALREADY cracked... (I have 2 44 tonners that were purchased "new" and they had cracks already"...

So you can do the "fix" to prevent it from getting worse, and if they are not cracked, prevent it from happening...

The attached link gives info including how to remedy the cracked axles.

They WILL crack, it's just a matter of time.

Greg
Thanks Greg, I will certainly do this.

Cheers
Martin