phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
You've got the Lokprogrammer. Why not check the 5XL you already tried before committing another decoder? If for some reason it's not working you can do a factory reset and check it again. If need be, you can reload the sound profile too. If you are inexperienced with the Lokprogrammer this is a good opportunity to learn more of its capabilities.

Also, if indeed the first 5XL you tried is kaput, you should check the next decoder using the Lokprogrammer to verify it is functioning before you install it in the F7.

Last edited:

Rjstruble

Registered
1 Jan 2021
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Best answers
Country flag
You've got the Lokprogrammer. Why not check the 5XL you already tried before committing another decoder? If for some reason it's not working you can do a factory reset and check it again. If need be, you can reload the sound profile too. If you are inexperienced with the Lokprogrammer this is a good opportunity to learn more of its capabilities.

Also, if indeed the first 5XL you tried is kaput, you should check the next decoder using the Lokprogrammer to verify it is functioning before you install it in the F7.
I’ve checked it using the Lok programmer. It reads everything fine, but I’m getting no voltage output from the motor terminals when I accelerate the throttle.