dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
In summary it looks like you need the LGB units 10151 (or a diode bridge), for non-automatic operation. Fully automatic operation requires additional sensing systems to reverse the polarity of the controller at the opportune moment.

For the time being I'll continue with the straight end to end operation with a passing loop, the thinking is that changing points is an added attraction for the children, even if I find it a little tedious! :)
Have replied to this on your other post. Have you looked at the ‘vertical gardens’ use for pallets. Would make the front of your line blend in nicely. Details if how to vids on YouTube and plenty of other advice on Google.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I'm not sure if you meant me, but i really dont know the answer. But to be honest there's lots of real experts on here so you'll get all the advice you need on your other post
Just been reading your other post about this. I knew there would be lots of help available, which is the fabulous thing about this forum. It also means, of course, I also now know how to deal with reversing loops:):)

Reactions: 1 user

alasdair555

Registered
7 May 2020
UK
Best answers
Have replied to this on your other post. Have you looked at the ‘vertical gardens’ use for pallets. Would make the front of your line blend in nicely. Details if how to vids on YouTube and plenty of other advice on Google.
Hi yes we have done this with some other pallets near our picnic table it works well, thanks for the suggestion.

However let's just say the garden is big, and time is short! :) That might be a project for next year!

The remainder of this year will likely be making the railway itself safe and fully usable. Some of the formation is decidedly dodgy at present!

We should have some more track and a pair of LGB cargo sprinters for the weekend, which will allow us into the main station area. So next month will either be more track, or getting some edge protection for the newer sections of the track.

alasdair555

Registered
7 May 2020
UK
Best answers
Just been reading your other post about this. I knew there would be lots of help available, which is the fabulous thing about this forum. It also means, of course, I also now know how to deal with reversing loops:):)
Glad I'm asking the important questions! :)