UINTAH engine 20882

ARIA31

ARIA31

Registered
3 Oct 2017
Toulouse - France
I little bit late , but I finally solved the coupler issue by installing a Bachmann couplers similar to those installed on all my Bachmann rolling stock.
I removed the LGB coupler and screwed a Bachmann coupler and luckily the screw hole was at the same place on the 2 couplers ( thanks to the designers !! )

111617_d1863ae4636d6b48be0f245002de5d71.jpg

But afterward I got several derailments. At first I suspected my track ,... possibly the Uintah engine not suitable for it ....
By hazard I discovered that there was an interference between the coupler vertical rod and a pneumatic hose.
So I sadly removed the hose and now everything fine.

I have a new question about lubrication .
Is there a trick to put conductive oil in the more than small place between the wheel and the truck body ?

111619_6faca46ea6300ee38ba0095e17322cd1.jpg

If somebody can help me ?

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
I little bit late , but I finally solved the coupler issue by installing a Bachmann couplers similar to those installed on all my Bachmann rolling stock.
I removed the LGB coupler and screwed a Bachmann coupler and luckily the screw hole was at the same place on the 2 couplers ( thanks to the designers !! )

View attachment 246252

But afterward I got several derailments. At first I suspected my track ,... possibly the Uintah engine not suitable for it ....
By hazard I discovered that there was an interference between the coupler vertical rod and a pneumatic hose.
So I sadly removed the hose and now everything fine.

I have a new question about lubrication .
Is there a trick to put conductive oil in the more than small place between the wheel and the truck body ?

View attachment 246253

If somebody can help me ?
Best to use the LGB 50019 Special Oil for the location as illustrated. It comes in a sort of Syringe which can direct a tiny drop of the Lubricant to the bearing. Also put some in the Middle Wheel.

If you get an irritating Squeek it is likely the Pickup Plungers. A spot of LGB Smoke Fluid used to clean the back of the wheels where they rub should clear this. They do not need to be Lubricated with any Conductive Oil in this location.