Trouble uploading pictures

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Hello. Wondering if anyone is having problem uploading pictures. It keeps telling me that there is a security issue. And says hit back and refresh page. But it will not load. Any insight would be great thanks...

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Hello. Wondering if anyone is having problem uploading pictures. It keeps telling me that there is a security issue. And says hit back and refresh page. But it will not load. Any insight would be great thanks...

It's an intermittent problem for me and I just bodge my way around, usually resizing the picture. For some reason, pics with more than a 400kb size seem to fail yet others can load pics which will fill the monitor's screen when clicked on.

Could be Windows or could be server/provider? I'm no expert but when I used XP I had none of these problems. No wonder W10 was provided FOC - but I would use other words to decipher that acronym (the last letter would be completely and the second would be of - with an extra F).

Reactions: 1 user
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
There are two "measurements" of size, and you mentioned both, but maybe have not realized the mechanics.

the "physical" or "displayed" size is in pixels... but the storage space used is in bytes.

You can have a physically large picture that does not consume many bytes (your reference to filling the monitor screen)

Likewise you can have a much smaller picture that takes a lot of storage (bytes).

In most cases there are limits for BOTH measures... Many softwares are happy to control the display size... but few let you play with the storage space directly, in JPG files, this is normally referred to a "quality" or "compression"..

I'd try irfanview (free) and when you save a picture you will see a slider for compression/file size.

Greg

Reactions: 1 users

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks guys. Mine seems to be intermittent too. I will try to adjust the size and try some more later. I got discouraged and stopped messing with it lol.