Track Level Video ride on my layout.

Jerry Barnes

Garden Railways, Live Steam, Jukeboxes, Record Col
27 Oct 2009
USA-central Nebraska
thescrr.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks to Rob I got some good directions on using my keyfob video camera. Very good directions Rob! Might note that the blinking light for the video only blinks once, then goes out, but it is recording. I had some troubles on the upload and using the new iMovie version that was on my new Mac. The video shows my outer loop. You go through the tunnel around over the metal bridge back around to the covered bridge then as you come back to the tunnel you switch over to the inner loop. THere you go thru the tunnel and across the bridge again. By the north station over the old trestle and up by the grain mill I made last winter. Around thru the trees, over the foam bridge and back to the tunnel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/gunjeep444#p/a/u/0/1Y9CRU0xhMQ < Link To Track Level Video of my Layout

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Great ride Jerry:clap:, must try to do a similar trip on my railway - got a camera but need to learn how to upload the video..:happy:

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
Great Stuff Jerry - a lovely long run with acres more to expand into?
like your birdhouse - I keep white doves (when the sparrowhawk lets me!!)

think you have to buy the deluxe fob to get the extra blinks :rofl:

Did you edit off the time/date stamp or find a way of clearing it?

Looking forward to the next footage

Regards
Rob

robsmorgan

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Ceredigion, Mid Wales, UK
Best answers
KentKeith said:
Great ride Jerry:clap:, must try to do a similar trip on my railway - got a camera but need to learn how to upload the video..:happy:

Hi Keith
You should be able to capture the film into Windows Movie Maker, either direct via (a) the USB connector or by (b) removing the micro SD and using a card reader (probably need the standard SD adapter as well.

Regards
Rob

spike

It's me
24 Oct 2009
Upper Drakes Bottom
www.weathersatellite.info
Best answers
Country flag
Nice one Jerry.
Excellent quality........plus a nice railroad. :clap:

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Great video Jerry :clap: Nice to see your line from the drivers eye after looking at the track plan in Garden Railways :clap:

Jerry Barnes

Garden Railways, Live Steam, Jukeboxes, Record Col
27 Oct 2009
USA-central Nebraska
thescrr.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks guys. I had always wanted to make one but had never gotten around to making a car to carry my camera. The keyfob camera made it very easy to do.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Nice layout Jerry, I particularly like the covered bridge.
You have managed to get gentle curves whilst I have realised that in places i seem to have achieved kinks despite using flexitrack. I am gardually easing the kinks.
I have done a couple of videos but did not need to modify a wagon specially. Fortunately, my camera has a flat base and it sits securely on a flat wagon resting against the stakes or on the back of a tender.
I haven't got around to working out how to upload to Yuotube not that there is much of interest in comparison to most of the layouts I have seen there.

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Keith,

One way to help avoid kinks with flex track is to stagger the joints, also good foundations help. Long sweeping curves also help to avoid kinks.

Of course we want to see you video's Keith, there would be a lot of interest here.

I think I'm going to get one of these camera's. I wonder how many have been sold to G Scalers?

Regards
Cliff

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Cliff George said:
Hello Keith,

One way to help avoid kinks with flex track is to stagger the joints, also good foundations help. Long sweeping curves also help to avoid kinks.

Of course we want to see you video's Keith, there would be a lot of interest here.

I think I'm going to get one of these camera's. I wonder how many have been sold to G Scalers?

Regards
Cliff

Cliff I kept most joints on straight sections but managed to achieve the kinks despite aiming for sweeping curves. It's a skill y'know...:-