Today At The Cfr.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Spring has sprung, the grass is ris ........................................ and Dawn hasn't broken it yet :p:p:p

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
For the first time in eight years the CFR has had a new PIKO locomotive arrive. It is the GE 25T radio controlled batter powered switcher:-IMG_8753.jpegIMG_8754.jpegIMG_8755.jpegIMG_8756.jpegIMG_8758.jpeg
It looks to be the ideal locomotive to haul the blue tourist stock.
The power is supplied by 6 AAA batteries, these go into a battery holder located behind the radiator grill. I have a stock of 1100ma batteries, so I should get a reasonable days operation. The transmitter is a car fob lookalike.

Reactions: 1 users

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
With 5 wagons in tow, it seems to haul well enough....

Reactions: 1 user

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I've been eying one of those for some time, but the capital budget keeps disappearing :oops:
I like the blue/white livery.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
With 5 wagons in tow, it seems to haul well enough....
It certainly does Gizzy. I am going to do some haulage tests tomorrow at the CFR. I am hoping that it can haul at least nine Feldbahn wagons.
I have ordered another locomotive and hopefully it will be here for the weekend running session.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
It certainly does Gizzy. I am going to do some haulage tests tomorrow at the CFR. I am hoping that it can haul at least nine Feldbahn wagons.
I have ordered another locomotive and hopefully it will be here for the weekend running session.
Double heading maybe....

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
For the first time in eight years the CFR has had a new PIKO locomotive arrive. It is the GE 25T radio controlled batter powered switcher:-View attachment 317738View attachment 317739View attachment 317740View attachment 317741View attachment 317742
The power is supplied by 6 AAA batteries, these go into a battery holder located behind the radiator grill. I have a stock of 1100ma batteries, so I should get a reasonable days operation. The transmitter is a car fob lookalike.
Out of interest how long a run do you get from a set of freshly charged NiMh batteries Paul? Think this will be of interest to others in the forum as some of the other conversions like mine and viaEstrecha viaEstrecha have more batteries shoe horned in.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Out of interest how long a run do you get from a set of freshly charged NiMh batteries Paul? Think this will be of interest to others in the forum as some of the other conversions like mine and viaEstrecha viaEstrecha have more batteries shoe horned in.
Jon, I had two hours constant running out of the batteries yesterday. The locomotive was hauling three coaches and two flat cars. I am doing some more trials today and I will post the results.
IMG_8753.jpeg

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
The second running session with the GE 25T switcher and fresh batteries resulted in the locomotive hauling 3 scenic coaches and 2 flat cars for 2 hours 10 minutes:-IMG_8777.jpeg
The locomotive has had a fresh set of batteries and is now hauling 12 Feldbahn wagons:-
IMG_8792.jpeg

It also propelled the 12 Feldbahn wagons up the locomotive shed incline:-
IMG_8799.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
For the first time in eight years the CFR has had a new PIKO locomotive arrive. It is the GE 25T radio controlled batter powered switcher:-View attachment 317738View attachment 317739View attachment 317740View attachment 317741View attachment 317742
Nice train, but I've just seen your problem with the weather. in the second photo, your'e charging people to make it rain o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Third running session produced some interesting results. Locomotive hauling 12 wagons ran for only 40 minutes. The batteries used were of a different make but had the same rating 1100ma.
The next running session will be the locomotive and 2 Feldbahn wagons and guardsvan.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Fourth running session.
Locomotive, 2 side door hoppers and a guards van.
A new set of AAA 1100ma batteries .
The train ran for a total of 3 hours.
Heavy rain stopped play.
I intend to carry out more tests over the next few days.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Fourth running session.
Locomotive, 2 side door hoppers and a guards van.
A new set of AAA 1100ma batteries .
The train ran for a total of 3 hours.
Heavy rain stopped play.
I intend to carry out more tests over the next few days.
Interesting what you say about the batteries, in the past I have had rechargeable NiMh (not tabbed) batts from a certain well known discount store and found them to be lacking in duration.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting what you say about the batteries, in the past I have had rechargeable NiMh (not tabbed) batts from a certain well known discount store and found them to be lacking in duration.
Jon, I have 8 x 4AAA batteries all new. They are all fully charged before use. The batteries are from two different manufacturers. I will be carrying out more trials over he next few days.