Time to go outside!

Pennsyhead

Registered
28 May 2019
Best answers
Hello to everyone who is modelling in G scale, I have just started my adventure into this scale after years of N, then Z, then HO. Most of my Z and N scale trains are Pennsylvania, and I have a number of loco's in HO that are Pennsy, but most of my HO gear is the local WAGR / Westrail ( Western Australian Government Railways ) wagons and loco's, most of which aren't around any more. Except for a couple of wagons all of my G scale rolling stock is again Pennsy.
I have also just started work on my round the sheds outdoor layout with some earthworks to try and keep the track reasonably level, as I do like to run lots of wagons on a train. Unfortunately do to the setup of my sheds in the backyard some of the track will be temporary, just the bits at the entrances to my sheds, as I don't fancy driving my cars over the track. To start with I will have a mix of track power and radio control, with a long crossing loop down the fence line so I can run 2 trains at a time.
I should be receiving my first batch of rails and sleepers in the next week or so, and then the fun begins with rolling out the curves, the minimum radius being 8ft.
Eliot

Attachments

• My G 1.JPG
    My G 1.JPG
    493.3 KB · Views: 0
  • My G 5.JPG
    My G 5.JPG
    529.9 KB · Views: 0

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, Eliot. How about some pictures ofyour progress. Any advice you need, and some you don't, available here

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hello to everyone who is modelling in G scale, I have just started my adventure into this scale after years of N, then Z, then HO. Most of my Z and N scale trains are Pennsylvania, and I have a number of loco's in HO that are Pennsy, but most of my HO gear is the local WAGR / Westrail ( Western Australian Government Railways ) wagons and loco's, most of which aren't around any more. Except for a couple of wagons all of my G scale rolling stock is again Pennsy.
I have also just started work on my round the sheds outdoor layout with some earthworks to try and keep the track reasonably level, as I do like to run lots of wagons on a train. Unfortunately do to the setup of my sheds in the backyard some of the track will be temporary, just the bits at the entrances to my sheds, as I don't fancy driving my cars over the track. To start with I will have a mix of track power and radio control, with a long crossing loop down the fence line so I can run 2 trains at a time.
I should be receiving my first batch of rails and sleepers in the next week or so, and then the fun begins with rolling out the curves, the minimum radius being 8ft.
Eliot
Welcome to the forum Eliot. If your Track was buried in Concrete, Tramway or Dockline Style no damage would occur. Though cleaning out the flangeways would be a regular chore.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Eliot welcome to the forum, it should make you smile, and you may also find some good advice.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Elliot. Growing up in Philadelphia and still living in the area, I have been a Pennsy fan all my life. While my garden railway is purely for fun, my Lionel indoor layout, when it gets built, will lean heavily toward Pennsy motive power.

IMG_8090.jpg