Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Absolutely fantastic work on the Pannier Tank, love it! I'm really impressed with your 3D design and printing, quite amazing how much detail you've done. Pannier Tanks are great, I've also made one and am using the motor of a Thomas on a new build too - it certainly runs quieter with all the extra gears removed... It's also interesting to note that the gearbox can be sawn in half....

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
The 57xx had a quick chance to stretch its legs today. I still need to load a whistle sound to it but the computer is tied up at the moment with other tasks!

57xx first run

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Fantastic, looks and sounds great. Every railway needs a pannier tank!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
GWR Panniers are the best looking engines around in MHO

Rich Skuse

Registered
10 Dec 2017
Bristol
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry to jump on DGE's thread but I purchased this loco off him the other day and he rekindled my need to get back on the forum having slipped away after a year of not really running any trains at all.. By chance having a browse I found the build thread for the loco which is interesting, and I thought it would be good to show my take on what is a fantastic body shell! It's a real handsome loco but I couldn't shake the look of it being a bit tall..

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5628.JPG

Stripping it down I thought I could get the frames lower over the chassis. As a 'bolt on' solution this really is a nice bit of kit, well printed etc but with a bit of ingenuity.. I've hollowed the splashers a bit more and it gives enough room to drop the body and frames down over the chassis just enough..

IMG_5636.JPGIMG_5635.JPG

And this is where I've got to. I should update my threads soon, but I have big plans afoot with the garden involving a track replan..

IMG_5644.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Rich Skuse

Registered
10 Dec 2017
Bristol
Best answers
Country flag
Welcone back Rich. You've made it look SO much better! :)
Couldn't have done it without your sterling work with the print. And obviously selling it to me. I've been speaking to Corbs about the lettering, probably going to stick with grubby black with the GWR livery, I like the way it stands out on the back paintwork.

GWR_black.jpg

Will be remaking handrails etc in metal including the one that runs along the tanks. It's been a nice little break from the RC trucks if I'm honest :rofl:

Oh, and I forgot about these, going to see if I can get it coupled using them modified, if not at least they look nice. Cheapo 1/10 scale 'tow hooks'. :) IMG_5640.JPG