This kind of fits here best I think...

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Just a late night muse really....

My late Grandee (he of the working watermill) left me a scratch built (except the cylinders) live steam 4 foot long rc Mississipi paddle steamer... It was a twin cylinder and beautiful.

Anyway I felt guilty as I knew nothing about how to revive it and it just lay dormant in my garage. So I went to my local model club openday and chatted with people till I found a really nice man who loved boats and steam. I then told him to come round and he did so I gave him the boat. He was astounded and thrilled all at the same time. Bit overwhelmed!

I did it because I knew Grandee would want it steaming and sailing and making someone happy-not gathering dust. it was kind of sacred in a way- certainly for it to go on ebay. Really regret it as now I have you guys and I bet I could have got enough help to operate it myself.

I am going to see if I can go to sail it with its new owner. Hope you don't mind this slightly off topic live steam post!! If it is stuck in his garage I may see if I can politely get it back... watch this space

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
I have often either given or wanted to give something to someone that could really do something with the item. Often gives more satisfaction than simply selling it. A double win if it is given to someone that will do something with it, and probably could not have obtained it otherwise.

steveciambrone

trains, boats, planes
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
I do live steam boats also, trains and boats are complimentary. In the US we had railroads who also ran Tug boats, car barges and ferries. Steam driven in their day. Interesting to sea a Tug boat with a New York Central or Pennsylvania Rail Road logo on its stack.

Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Now that, my friend, is really nice! Ex-marine engineer myself...motor, though! (Sulzer, Doxford, B&W).:clap: