The Sad Tale of two TEs Part 1

Glengrant

Registered
24 Oct 2009
NE Scotlamd
Best answers
At worst you intelligentsia can all sit back and say what a berk I was. Maybe, though, there may be some out there nearly as dim as I was perhaps learn from my mistakes. I have two Train Engineers (TE) for two separate lines. I should say ?had?, not ?have?.
My situation outside is that I have an open but covered sort of patio area where I can sit out of the rain and control remotely the trains which are about ten or so yards away. The TEs and other ancillary equipment, such as the Gaugemaster M12 power pack are all under cover. I should have noticed the early warning signs when the covers of the M12 and the points power unit started to get rusty. OK, it?s covered, doesn?t get rained on, but it can get awfully damp out there, especially when the condenser central heating boiler is on. On a cold winter?s day you can imagine the plumes of water vapour being pumped out. So sitting in this cold wet atmosphere are the two TEs. And one day, almost at the same time, they both said ?Enough?. I am talking about the receivers. The transmitters, remote controls, are usually taken into the house, except for the odd occasion when, like all good TE operators, I have left them out in the rain. I?ve managed to keep them going.
Now this was the point when I sought the help of the G-scalers but, despite some very patient assistance provided by you, quite a few of you, we could not get the transmitter and receivers to speak to each other. end Part 1