The National Rifle Association and its Tramways

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I thought the attached might provide the subject for a niche tramway layout.

There's more infromation here:

Attachments

• 530697_media-0_3-modified.jpg
    530697_media-0_3-modified.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Well, I hadn't realised that the NRA started at Wimbledon Common - Wimbledon Common being famous / notorious for its windmill, Wombles and beating up gentlemen of a certain persuasion in the 60s.
I knew that Bisley had a station, but not much more than that - other than my son having a few trophies from his appearances there.

38thfoot

Grand dreams; limited talent
19 Nov 2013
Hazel Grove, S Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Lydd ranges had an extensive 2ft gauge railway to manage the ranges which were on environmentally vulnerable shingle beaches.

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Lydd ranges had an extensive 2ft gauge railway to manage the ranges which were on environmentally vulnerable shingle beaches.
Dartmoor Ranges also had its own little railway, used to position targets.

38thfoot

Grand dreams; limited talent
19 Nov 2013
Hazel Grove, S Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Dartmoor Ranges also had its own little railway, used to position targets.
A lot of ranges had moving target railways, oakhampon (dartmoor) was in use in 97 when I last used it, Salisbury plain had one at least one, Otterburn had one. The lydd ranges one was different in that it was a functioning light railway used to move stores and equipment around the range complex as well as featuring some moving target sets. Strensall ranges near York has a man powered 3ft gauge line running from the target stores shed to the backs of the various ranges.