The Albany & Western Garden Railroad

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice, although "small" is obviously relative!

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Kevin Huggins of Albany, IL, has crafted an excellent double-track G-Scale railway around his small residential lot. His back yard is a hill, yet this railway never exceeds a 3% grade as it transitions from front to back yards. Kevin has managed to cram around 1500 feet of track (2 Main Lines + Sidings) into this small area. If you would like more information about this layout, or want to contact Kevin, he has a Facebook Group for the railroad here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Kevin...

Here in UK that whole setup would be up and gone by the morning after the first night it was set up. I wouldn't dare to set up ANYTHING outside the front of my house here for fear of vandals and or light fingers.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I am guessing this is regarded as 'crammed-in' housing in the US?

DoctorZ

Registered
20 Jul 2014
Twin Cities, MN
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Kevin Huggins of Albany, IL, has crafted an excellent double-track G-Scale railway around his small residential lot. His back yard is a hill, yet this railway never exceeds a 3% grade as it transitions from front to back yards. Kevin has managed to cram around 1500 feet of track (2 Main Lines + Sidings) into this small area. If you would like more information about this layout, or want to contact Kevin, he has a Facebook Group for the railroad here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Kevin...

Here in UK that whole setup would be up and gone by the morning after the first night it was set up. I wouldn't dare to set up ANYTHING outside the front of my house here for fear of vandals and or light fingers.

The township of Albany is this little community in the middle of nowhere. There is a wearhouse across the street from his house. Otherwise it's just small residential homes and narrow streets. Crime is at a minimum, although there are probably some Meth Labs in the area.