Sufficient DC power?

Edgar

Registered
13 May 2020
Tennessee
Best answers
Country flag
Reinhard, thank you for taking time to acknowledge and respond to my questions. The pictures are much appreciated. I will still have questions and comments about transformers. I’m having trouble making a circuit in the study of your track plan. Starting at the return loop in the lower level of the wood storage; travel went around the back of the house, under the existing figure eight, back around the house and through the second level of the wood storage, and then up to the figure eight. Once in the figure eight, I could only exit by backing out to the wood shed circuit extension. Is this the plan or am I missing something? I was looking to turn around in the figure eight.

rentren

LGB - Viafier Retica Wälderbähnle Rheinbähnle
22 Aug 2020
Kaslo/BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, for the time being enter/exit the existing section under the deck (which I call Ramosch, a village actually without RhB station because plans to head down the Inn valley to Landeck in North Tyrol were shelved after WW I).
I debated putting in a Y which is very common in N. America and inexistent in the Retian Railway network, There are, however, several stations with turn tables. The one in Filisur is well known (Albula line).
No Y and no turn table implies steam engines head back to the former wood storage cab first. Where they will have again to change to the other end of the train ... Only a means to turn around will keep the steamers heading chimney forward across the whole layout, existing and enlargement. Still stewing about that.
There could be a second exit from the existing. It's being considered instead of a Y or (lack of space!) a turn table. Even as a dual track section.

rentren

LGB - Viafier Retica Wälderbähnle Rheinbähnle
22 Aug 2020
Kaslo/BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Here's a revised sketched entering/exiting Ramosch (forum entry trice edited). It will introduce an electricall complication.

enter:exit Ramosch.png

Last edited: