Street lights

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Decided to have the pleasure of making my own streetlights, drawing attached.
Original made in brass and then silastic moulds made of the base and lens and top a small disc of alfoil goes under the top section to reflect the light downwards then the top is glued on. The clear lens is masked and the lot given a coat of etch primer then topcoats of epoxy enamel to withstand the rigours of the outdoors... Using white LEDS; http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CM125W-20pcs...ys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item41574fa5dd
I'm making the traction poles in a similar fashion, the finial cast in resin via a silastic mould and the base cast in resin around the pole....

1b2a69bd0e2548569d1234890a004470.jpg

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
look forward to seeing them its something ive been thinking of tackling was put of by casting the lens part so was looking for something in good surply

Tony

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Tony the lens starts out as a bit of aluminium bar, turn/file to shape, drill hole partially through for post, then I will sand blast the "lens" invert and take a silalstic impression, Hopefully if I use embedding resin ie the clear stuff it should come out with a frosted surface.... Hopefully....
I'll post pics in due course....