Stoomtrams

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
A delightful video of "stoomtrams" in the Netherlands.

Probably been viewed by a lot and possibly posted here before. No apologies :) As well as general views, unusually, also a wealth of detail shots that may inspire and aid those who might consider bashing a few likely 16 mm/1:22.5 scale candidates to represent the NG stock shown here. Mixed consists abound. Trams really do have a place in a garden railway, don't they ? They are not just denizens of cities. There's a shot at the end though that reminds me of those urban environments and how things were once so grimy, because of our use of coal as the primary means for propulsion and powering our economies. Max

Last edited:

maxi-model

27 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
When you are on a roll.......More from the land of polders and dykes. Of varying quality. and content. But they all purport to be of "stoomtrams". Enjoy !

OK, I just typed in "stoomtrams" after the first popped up on my YouTube feed. Max

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I've watched the first one, I'll save the others for later! Lovely film, I find I much prefer the muted colours than the glaring brightness we seem to have on film today

maxi-model

27 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
No apologies, Yet more Dutch trams. These ones electric from 1920. A charming film full of fascinating detail. Those old wooden bodied trams and toast rack trailers are things of beauty. I don't read Dutch but I think there might be an instructional element to this one - remonstrating with other people sharing the same space as a tram - rather a lot of !!!!! in the CAPTIONS. Ooooh you pesky (insert as appropriate) car drivers, cycle and motorcycle riders, horse and cart and handcart handlers, pedestrians of both tall and small stature !!!! Must not buy a clutch of OcCre tram kits, must not buy a clutch of OcCre tram kits..............Max

P.S. Watch out for the fleeting glimpse of a "watering can" tram. Now there is an unusual subject to model, working or otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user