Stolen 24-7-16!!

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Just a heads up should any of our members on here spot it - Special 0-6-0 Mamod stolen, details below:-

Details of loco stolen today from Douglas Roberts. Very distinctive rebuilt Mamod 'Swordbreaker' very unusual as an 0-6-0. It was taken on a XC Train Derby to Bham train today, stopping at Burton. Taken in a rucksack along with his other bits which includes a camera. A much loved regular at Llechfan Garden and many other lines & exhibition layouts. Please help to keep out an eye for this very special little engine.

13680492_10153740091346592_1487170211604733731_n.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Just a heads up should any of our members on here spot it - Special 0-6-0 Mamod stolen, details below:-

Details of loco stolen today from Douglas Roberts. Very distinctive rebuilt Mamod 'Swordbreaker' very unusual as an 0-6-0. It was taken on a XC Train Derby to Bham train today, stopping at Burton. Taken in a rucksack along with his other bits which includes a camera. A much loved regular at Llechfan Garden and many other lines & exhibition layouts. Please help to keep out an eye for this very special little engine.

13680492_10153740091346592_1487170211604733731_n.jpg
So very sad, probably taken by some scumbag that was hoping for a Mobile PC or suchlike booty. The Keystones and Train Staff frequently warn about keeping an eye out on your luggage in Trains. Sadly such a treasured loco has been lost. Hopefully it may reapear as the perp will probably have no idea what he has got. Sadly the Camera may never reapear.
JonD

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry to hear. That was the one dubious thing we had about train travel in Britain, and the Continent...... leaving your luggage in a rack at the end of the car.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Back in 1994 my mate had his Camera Bag stolen from the Luggage Rack above his head whilst the Train was sat in Boston Statin. Guess we were too busy chatting about our trip to notice. Fortunately they did not get mine so he was able to loan my DVD Camera to make films of Tramways when I was looking at Museums, Model Shops etc where I did not need it. Lus I had 2 Camera's so again he could have my second one for the duration. Same guy had our Flight Tickets Stolen on a later Trip to Prague, had them in his bag in an open Pocket whilst travelling on the Underground. After that if we go away I always keep my own Tickets. Can be a real pain to loose them, we had to buy them again and get a refund.
JonD

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I've never had a problem with luggage at the end of the carriage (as he frantically searches for a bit of wood to touch) but did witness an altercation on an adjacent platform at Clapham Junction a few years back where a chancer had obviously tried to unload someone else's bike from the guard's van (that'll tell you how many years back). Unfortunately the criminal was not apprehended, because he ran off down to the subway while the real owner was too busy trying to load his bike back on the train before it pulled out.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Luggage racks at the end of carriages are always a worry. There have been numerous instances where chancers have hopped onto a train grabbed a bag and got off immediately.
Not sure it it is the Voyagers or Pendolonos which have an additional rack part way down the carriage. I always go for those if my bag won't fit in the everhead.