Steam locomotives

corgi

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Best answers
There was a time when I would not have put a figure on it, but now I am downsizing to my two favourites.
I can only run one at a time.:confused:

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Muzza said:
:admire: So, how many steam locomotives is too many?.......................:thinking:

When the shelf can't take any more...........:D

There's a guy on this wee rock with so many Asters it is beyond belief....he still buys more though...so there is obviously no such thing as too many, it's just a state of mind our partners try to devlop in us...unsuccessfully!!:D

Well like many of us I was only going to have one. Then I thought "I need a spare", so it became two. Then Matt's Caradoc came up and I thought "Well I like Accucraft, and it is a good price". Then Earl came out, so one was put on order.

I agree with Ron, running two at once would be madness.

However, coal firing beckons... but not yet (still waiting for the Earl). The good bit is they don't lose their value. They are an investment. Aren't they?

Clive Elesmore

Registered
17 Dec 2009
Guernsey, Channel Islands
Best answers
In that case, my Countess had better have and Earl for a partner. I was halfway there when I saw the video of the two double heading on the post further up. Looks like another email to the IOM. Thank goodness they dont all come at once.

Clive

[attachment deleted by admin]

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Oh I don't know, Graham, I sometimes run double headers - I sit on my bench with a transmitter on the seat either side of me, and work a throttle with each hand! A task best approached sober, I have to admit!

Oh, I should say I take the springs off the sticks on my tx's, don't like them with the self centering.

New Haven Neil said:
Oh I don't know, Graham, I sometimes run double headers - I sit on my bench with a transmitter on the seat either side of me, and work a throttle with each hand! A task best approached sober, I have to admit!

Oh, I should say I take the springs off the sticks on my tx's, don't like them with the self centering.

Well there's a challenge! I might give it a try too.

Springs are off my transmitters too. I do like to have a bit of friction on them though, otherwise the locos develop a mind of their own.

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
You can't have too many locos,it's just having enough money to buy them....:D

Lordraglan274

Too much of a good thing is nearly enough.
25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
We have three Roundhouse locos and often prepare one whilst another is running, although double headind plus occasionally all three run at once ! I dont have any photos but a they are towards the end of our short video on YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFLrioDIRS4
You cant have too many live steamers.

George

railways in general, mainly steam locos, i volunte
24 Oct 2009
Norwich, Norfolk (UK)
www.flickr.com
Best answers
Lordraglan274 said:
We have three Roundhouse locos and often prepare one whilst another is running, although double headind plus occasionally all three run at once ! I dont have any photos but a they are towards the end of our short video on YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFLrioDIRS4
You cant have too many live steamers.

:clap:
3b844853225044b78f9fd38750fea8f7.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lordraglan274

Too much of a good thing is nearly enough.
25 Oct 2009
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Best answers
Country flag
Well done George for finding a photo of the event, I think I was too busy with the radio control job. No doubt your Edrig can join in next year to make a foursome........but that would be just sillly wouldnt it?