Static Talyllyn Dolgoch' wanted - see details...

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
This post appeared in the coffee lounge back on 12 July -

I am looking for a static model of the Tayllyn's Dolgoch in the latest red livery for display. The Accucraft model is beautiful but is spoiled by thr
steam apparatus in the cab etc.
Any suggestions welcomed,

A later post revealed that he was looking for a model the same size at the Accucraft model. I immediately thought of you guys up here.

Sadly, he has not returned, as yet. These things cost money, no matter how they are made. I've also posted over on the 16mm FB pages.

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
This post appeared in the coffee lounge back on 12 July -

I am looking for a static model of the Tayllyn's Dolgoch in the latest red livery for display. The Accucraft model is beautiful but is spoiled by thr
steam apparatus in the cab etc.
Any suggestions welcomed,

A later post revealed that he was looking for a model the same size at the Accucraft model. I immediately thought of you guys up here.

Sadly, he has not returned, as yet. These things cost money, no matter how they are made. I've also posted over on the 16mm FB pages.
It looks like pdf might have also made a Dolgoch kit: this is from their FB page in December 2016.
1626774674205.png
It's not the time to contact them now, but if it went into production -and knowing how we line projects up- there may an unmade one lurking in someone's projects box...

EDIT: the kits were available: £205 in 2017.

Reactions: 1 user

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Mr Sider. I'm afraid that the OP has disappeared for now. Maybe if he comes back he'll see that we were treating his unusual request seriously.