Standard gauge pannier tank gets a make-over

ceejaydee

Big Trains
29 Nov 2009
Far East of Bedfordshire
Best answers
Looks splendid in dirty black... how I prefer my BR steamers ;)

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
jameshilton said:
Thanks for posting over on RMweb too Mel :)
No probs James - spread the word :D.

spurs123

led zep spurs lgb
24 Oct 2009
st albans
Best answers
Great job Mel , do like the panniers.

jimmielx

45mm gauge track - approx 16mm scale (1:19)
24 Oct 2009
Hastings, UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
You don't hang around do you Mel! That's a really superb paint job you've done there - the weathering looks just right. :clap:

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
It's good isn't it, well done that man :)

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Thanks for all your encouragement guys. Who knows, maybe one day the pannier tank may appear in Garden Rail? ;););););)

I've done a couple of the small jobs that I mentioned before. The coal bunker has been loaded - the coal is glued to a shaped piece of polystyrene and can be lifted out .................. that's got you thinking :D.

5dbbe350dd7b4a3b800557a64820120c.jpg

As the loco is going to spend much of it's time (at least for now) just sat sitting there on the interchange siding, I've got an idea to fit a smoke gene operated by a battery pack which would fit in the bunker underneath the coal load. Hey, who am I trying to kid - it's all measured up and sussed out :D. Only drilling the hole down the chimney to fit the gene in is putting me off ............ for now. :banghead:

I've also made and fitted the cab glazing. It's cut from clear plasticard and took about 3 attempts either side to cut it to fit properly. They must have had the Windowleen out as the windows are so clean, you can hardly see they're there. You may also be able to make out the silhouette of the driver who is also now in place.

3c4166f40aa34136a77af0ff98b20514.jpg

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
Your pannier tank look magnificent Mel: I get the impression that you are rather proud, nay, pleased with it.;) As the erstwhile GWR was my favourite British railway I guess I am biased anyway.

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Mel,

The 57 really does look great and makes me want a G3 line. No chance of course, but I can dream. The idea of having the narrow gauge line fior playing trains, but a real life GW branch in the garden is a beautiful thing to aspire to!

Where did you get the George Turner figures? I can't find any reference to them on the Web.

Congratulations, that's one awesome loco, as they might say over here!

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Your right Alan, I'm really chuffed with it.

Martin, thanks. Here's a link to George Turner's website. I will warn you that it isn't the best site on the net. Also, although his figures are good, to my eyes their legs and feet are pretty poorly modelled and out of proportion to their bodies. However, if you can hide them behind a cab door, some of them look really good - the fireman in the pannier tank is one of my favourites.

http://www.georgeturnermodels.com/

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Mel. Had quick look at the site, but it's not playing nicely with my iPad, so will wait till I can get to a big machine!

Thanks again,

Alan-1956

Registered
22 Sep 2015
Adelaide, South Australia
Best answers
Brilliant job mate,

Very envious, wish I could get one like that....

Alan