Stainz and Uhlenbrook 32300 intellisound

Nighthaunt

Registered
7 Dec 2014
Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Probably a question for a more experienced Stainz expert. I've got an empty Uhlenbrook 32300 sound card coming to connect to the Massoth L connected via direct decoder to my Stainz starter set loco.

I've also got the Uhlenbrook 31050 sound loader via USB to upload sound files into the decoder (planning on having a few of the Uhlenbrook/Dietz sound modules adding over time.

However having searched Uhlenbrooks sound files on the web page I can't see one for Stainz - what sound file should I be using? I can see Dietz do one but for the Xclusive model which I'm not sure would work with the 32300 (intellisound 3) decoders?

Apologies if the answer is out there on the net - all I can seem to find is pages in German and my Deutsch ist nicht sher gut - and google translate is not working perfectly.

Many Thanks for any pointers/help - now all thats left is to identify which speaker I need to fit into the factor compartment and a sound file - and then just fitting it all :)

Alex

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
I've used the 99-UNI sound for the Stainz from the Dietz site. No real idea if this is correct or not, but seems OK to me.

As you suspect you can only use the .ds3 or .dsd format files for the intellisound modules.

I've used a 57mm flat speaker mounted in the cab roof, of my previous non sound Stainz. Versions of the stainz that were originally fitted with sound already have a mounting place for the speaker/electronics in the cab roof, probably need the 28mm flat speaker for those.

Reactions: 1 users

Nighthaunt

Registered
7 Dec 2014
Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Well loaded file 99-UNI on and set up - will need to check as occasionally chuffed sound like something mechanical only - could be need to use a different file - however did manage this video behaving itself and stunning the range of sounds while it's sitting still on track while posting this.

Using a Massoth 57mm full speaker (not slim) just about fitted with roof on - would not want an extra half a millimetre though or doubt would have worked.

Reactions: 1 user

tim stevens

Registered
5 Feb 2016
East Devon
Best answers
Country flag
Hi. I have the 32300 loaded with the T3 (Brclass 89) sound file from Dietz and a 28mm square high base speaker in my marklin maxi 'max' and it sounds great. All driven by the Uhlenbrock 77100 decoder.