SPUR G magazine....

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Some of you on here may already be familiar with SPUR G, but for those who aren't I just thought I'd mention the issues I recently ordered from Germany, which arrived yesterday.
The magazine is produced by the (apparently quite large!) "Club der LGB-Freunde Rhein/Sieg", and is probably the most impressive "club magazine" I've ever seen - putting even the 16mm NGM journal in the shade! It is only published twice a year (summer and winter editions), which is probably how they can do a magazine of such high quality - 100+ pages, full colour throughout, high quality paper and perfect-bound, I would say that in terms of production quality AND content it even beats the likes of GartenBahn Profi, and that is saying quite a lot.
Despite the club name, it is not exclusively LGB - it covers all G45 manufacturers, including US stuff, and most issues contain a "company profile" article on a manufacturer or supplier - in these issues are visits to Massoth, Preiser, Bloxx and Trainline 45!
Of course all the text is in German, but the pictures are all excellent and to my mind it's worth the money just to flick through the eye-candy; modelling articles, profiles, reviews, prototype railways and some magnificent garden layouts.
The package I received had issues 12, 13 and 14 (the latest), plus a copy of no.5 that the supplier still had in stock - I bought 6-10 from him last year. I got mine from Stefan Bauer (STEBA), who sells a lot on eBay.de and also advertises in the magazine itself; he's a regular stockist of it.
Very highly recommended, whether you model European or American, and whether you can read German or not!

ec66c8c96b1a453e8d853c8cb33e0b31.jpg

f91e0bfaa6554a4797e690aac865c10c.jpg

Jon.