Spring Time for my Aster Great Norhern S2

main131

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Well I thought it was.
Nice sunny morning, Daffodils coming through (struggling) so lets get out there and have a run.
Get the steam oil in, and then fill container with meths, just the cheap blue stuff!
Now get some rolling stock onto the track (3 journeys). Return in doors and collect the suction fan..hope the batteries are OK...and take down some extras meths (with funnel)
Return again with engine and roll it onto the track. O dear, suns gone in and temperature drops and wind suddenly appears.
Not to worry; hand pump some water until the glass is half full. Pop the fan on the chimney and flip the magnetized fire box cover back. Just remembered, it helps to turn the meths on. Leave for a couple of mins or so and then switch the fan on and poke my 'bendy' butane gas lighter into the fire box. Yes it's lit...that delightful smell of burning meths (remember to change your entire clothing before next meeting the wife)
Steam pressure up. Off with the fan. turn on the blower. we dont want to set the track on fire do we! Drain cocks open. Re adjust the blower, open regulater and 'blow me' here comes the rain. Run in and get coat. Engine now blowing off madly. Screw the by pass down or in this case screw in and off we go.
Wet track, heavy train, a gradiant on the far side. Holding camera and no R/contol. those 16mm folk may have a point after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8_DX-pp_co

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Fantastic video
I was almost reaching into the screan willing it to slow her down, now that what i call live steam
Tony

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Weather's unpredictable, but not the Aster - nice one, Trevor,

John

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
that was fun
i am GN green with envy..........

now,if youd be so kind

as youre set up is one im considering myself-ie raised on posts-is your layout entirely level or are there grades? 

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Wow - what a loco! Brilliant performance.
Mick