Spot the difference competition - Lawley cab mods

There has been a big discussion about potential mods to Mike's (GHWood) Lawley and rather than hijacking his thread, I thought I would start one on a slight different but related theme.

I was thinking of putting this up as competition for a bit of fun over Christmas but then as some of you know, events kind of overtook me.

Here is a before and after shot of my Lawley's cab from above. Perhaps "as delivered" and "12 months in" would be a better description as I haven't finished with it yet. Maybe some of you would like to name the differences? Many of them have been described either on GSM or here over the last 12 months.

Shall we say that all mods or changes visible in the two pictures are valid, rather than just those in the cab itself?

Happy hunting...
Lawley%20cab%20before%20and%20after%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
It looks great Graham - I have spotted six differences....
Cheers
Chris

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
I made it 7 in the cab/ on the cab front and 4 outside- that's counting every different colour of paint used in repaints as a difference, i.e. cream paint = one difference, black paint = one difference.

Chris Bird

14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
You are right Matt - it is 7 - I didn't spot the quick release filler!
Unless someone knows better.........
Cheers
Chris

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Chris Bird said:
You are right Matt - it is 7 - I didn't spot the quick release filler!
Unless someone knows better.........
Cheers
Chris

Nor did I the first time- hence the edit!

Well I have had an entry by PM as well (he ticked the box for "no publicity"). That had the correct number of 13 changes but unfortunately, there was an additional change listed which I hadn't done and he missed one that is there.

The 13 is without the snow on the table :rofl: and only counts the whistle and black paint as one each.

Anybody want to list them or shall I publish the results?

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
I'll have a go.

In the cab:
1- Cream paint
2- Black paint
3- Whistle
4- Water filler
5- Gas regulator handle
6- Steam regulator handle
7- Pressure gauge has been mooved
8- Bunker blanking off plate thingy (between cab and bunker)
9- A servo mounting (I think) has appeared in front right of the cab- I think?

Outside the cab:
10- Real coal
11- Lamp iron
12- Painted dome
13- The pipe- forgotten what it's representing, but it's there!

The only one I'm not sure about is ther servo- it's where the pressure gauge was in the first shot, so it could be there but invisible! Oh, and it's in forward gear in the "now" shot, and neutral in the "then"!

Chris Bird

14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Well that makes my seven sound a bit weak!! Of course the gas regulator handle is, in fact, an R/C conversion if I remember correctly.
Very impressive Graham!
Cheers
Chris

Well it wasn't meant to make anyone sound weak but I feel a bit weak myself now because I missed one as well. It's now up to 14 but despite receiving another PM, nobody has actually named them all correctly. Between you all (including the private messenger), they are all there so I will now publish the list:

Cab%20changes.jpg

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Missed the spectacle glazing and the whistle r/c then!

Have you changed the coal Graham, or is that me imagining things?

brianthesnail96 said:
Missed the spectacle glazing and the whistle r/c then!

Have you changed the coal Graham, or is that me imagining things?

I know it was all a bit arbitrary about what to count but it was only for fun. Thanks for taking part guys.

No I haven't changed the coal Matt. It looks OK as it comes. In fact it is loose bits of a coal-like substance held in by glue, which is a special type that softens when you spray it with Gunk. How do I know that?

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Kept me amused while I was supposed to be working Graham!

Coal must be a trick of the light.