Speaker fitting

Cranford

Theatre, Model railroads, GCR
29 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
I have a LGB Corpet and fitting an e Motion S decoder, my problem is where to fit the speaker? Any advice appreciated

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I don't have a Corpet but if there is no room in the body you could perhaps put a thin speaker under the cab roof?
Do/did LGB ever produce a sound version of this loco? If so you could locate the exploded parts diagram and see where they put it.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I managed an LGB Sound Box (LGB 65000) System without the Box under my Corpet. Those units have a Speaker integral so the following pics show the fitting and that it is barely visible with the Rolled Blanket atop the Open Cab, the enclosed Cab version would hide if even more effectively.EA20F3B1-02F6-4A47-BDA8-316C185DCC74.jpegD40C8DCE-1FBD-4DF6-B1A7-7BC407053553.jpegA2C64C74-5213-4D48-A604-9066619A45C5.jpeg wires to the Speaker are best routed to the Front of the Cab through a small hole drilled at the base into the Water Tank Area.

Cranford

29 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
I don't have a Corpet but if there is no room in the body you could perhaps put a thin speaker under the cab roof?
Do/did LGB ever produce a sound version of this loco? If so you could locate the exploded parts diagram and see where they put it.
Thanks tried that but couldn't find exploded diagram for it

Cranford

29 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
I managed an LGB Sound Box (LGB 65000) System without the Box under my Corpet. Those units have a Speaker integral so the following pics show the fitting and that it is barely visible with the Rolled Blanket atop the Open Cab, the enclosed Cab version would hide if even more effectively.View attachment 250914View attachment 250915View attachment 250916 wires to the Speaker are best routed to the Front of the Cab through a small hole drilled at the base into the Water Tank Area.
Thanks for the pics, given me food for thought.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks tried that but couldn't find exploded diagram for it
No LGB did not do a sound version, furthest they got was the Bright Red DCC Fitted Cambria.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
No LGB did not do a sound version, furthest they got was the Bright Red DCC Fitted Cambria.
Cambrai - it's a place in France near the Belgian border :nod::nod:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Cambrai - it's a place in France near the Belgian border :nod::nod:
Not renuned for my spooling skolls! Had I have been bothered to look at a Cat to quote the ref number I may have bothered checked the spelling. But thanks for putting me right, always best to have things correct on line.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Not renuned for my spooling skolls! Had I have been bothered to look at a Cat to quote the ref number I may have bothered checked the spelling. But thanks for putting me right, always best to have things correct on line.
I wasn't having a go, just moving the loco to it's national origin despite the fact that it remained in Wales for so long ;);) Not sure, is it still at Towyn?

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I wasn't having a go, just moving the loco to it's national origin despite the fact that it remained in Wales for so long ;);) Not sure, is it still at Towyn?
No worries, not sure where she is. Mine is in a box in the loft!

D

Deleted member 4232

Moved

Last edited by a moderator:

Cranford

29 Jan 2010
Leicester
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, that's where I finally decided to fit it.