zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
This soundboard was in a LGB 4267S rolling freight car, I bought. 1st question. Was this board original to this car? 2nd question. Does anyone know what kind of sound this board would produce? 3rd question. What is the little switch board with fuse for? Thanks for any information.IMG_8720.JPGIMG_8721.JPGIMG_8722.JPGIMG_8723.JPGIMG_8719.JPGIMG_8720.JPGIMG_8721.JPGIMG_8722.JPGIMG_8723.JPGIMG_8719.JPG

FatherMcD

Registered
13 Mar 2014
Idaho
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
1) It is not original and 2) is NOT a sound card! It is a RailBoss 4 Plus R/C card with 3) a battery conversion module made by Del at www.gscalegraphics.net. Part of it is missing. There should be a green circuit board that goes across the two black multipin connectors at the top of the board in the first picture. Send Del a picture at GScaleGraphics@comcast.net and he'll tell you the exact model you have (it looks older than the current version) and if the missing part is available. You also will need to buy one of the remotes unless you can find it tucked away somewhere in the car. His website has wiring diagrams and manuals to download and they are quite informative. He does sell the MyLocoSound cards with instructions on hooking them up to the RailBoss 4. I have pretty much standardized on these R/C units and if you decide to sell it rather than fix and use it, I'd be interested.

Last edited:

zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
1) It is not original and 2) is NOT a sound card! It is a RailBoss 4 Plus R/C card with 3) a battery conversion module made by Del at www.gscalegraphics.net. Part of it is missing. There should be a green circuit board that goes across the two black multipin connectors at the top of the board in the first picture. Send Del a picture at GScaleGraphics@comcast.net and he'll tell you the exact model you have (it looks older than the current version) and if the missing part is available. You also will need to buy one of the remotes unless you can find it tucked away somewhere in the car. His website has wiring diagrams and manuals to download and they are quite informative. He does sell the MyLocoSound cards with instructions on hooking them up to the RailBoss 4. I have pretty much standardized on these R/C units and if you decide to sell it rather than fix and use it, I'd be interested.
Thanks for that information. Interesting that it is not a sound card. What approximate value would this be to you?