Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Quoth Sir Dunnyrail: Hope you trashed the dork's car.

Me: 'Twasn't the car's fault. Should've given the dork a pair of concrete booties and used the crane to drop him in HK harbour.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
True, just imagine the chaos caused by d*ckh**ds who mange to get stuck on the Cambridge Guided Busway

Because they can, of course.
I believe it has been a fairly common occurrence for cars to get stuck on the misguided bus way, I think it shows the level to which people appear to think that driving is something that is done in a natural way and needs no attention given such as breathing. This is not the case of course, but walking a lot as I do it is obvious when looking at many drivers that they have no comprehension of what is going on on the road and pavements and in front of them beyond their limited 20 yard attention span. Quite scary really.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
many drivers that they have no comprehension of what is going on on the road and pavements and in front of them beyond their limited 20 yard attention span. Quite scary really.
Well if the driver is on the pavement, at least he's keeping death off the road! Besides drivers have seat belts and airbags these days, so they won't hurt themselves. Plus of course it's always someone else's fault

Doddy

Registered
30 Aug 2011
Abingdon-upon-Thames
Best answers
Country flag
Houston has a tram reactive fountain too.

It would be a fun feature to model! Maybe something to keep in mind for the future.
The difference is this one looks to be more reactive when the trams pass - perhaps it is a secret tram washing facility?

Djjerme

Registered
11 Jul 2021
Oregon
Best answers
Country flag
Plus of course it's always someone else's fault
Funny, all the cyclist around here have the same attitude.

Especially when they get hit.

By the lightrail.

We used to have bendy buses here in Portland around the mid 80's. But they were a maintenance nightmare: transmission were junk, hydraulics were unreliable at best, and the build quality was subpar. I forget which manufacture they were, but everyone I knew in Maintenance at the time hated them.

But because Portland never learns from past mistakes, we're getting new ones. Hooray..

Found a pic of the OG ones:

1024px-Tri-Met_Crown-Ikarus_articulated_bus,_side-rear_view,_in_Sep._1982.jpg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag

By the lightrail.

We used to have bendy buses here in Portland around the mid 80's. But they were a maintenance nightmare: transmission were junk, hydraulics were unreliable at best, and the build quality was subpar. I forget which manufacture they were, but everyone I knew in Maintenance at the time hated them.

But because Portland never learns from past mistakes, we're getting new ones. Hooray..

View attachment 289008
I was surprised when London got rid of their bendy buses, too big, too expensive, too unreliable, unpopular with most of the public....what more could a council ask for?

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I was surprised when London got rid of their bendy buses, too big, too expensive, too unreliable, unpopular with most of the public....what more could a council ask for?
While your comment may be tonge in cheek that is the way it seems with councils, and most other government departments.

David

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag

By the lightrail.

View attachment 289008
I remember bendy buses in China from the days when I would some times pop over the border with work and don't recall complaints from the maintenance folk.
I just went on line to check when China first started running bendy buses and see they have taken the theme to another level.

David

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 0

Djjerme

Registered
11 Jul 2021
Oregon
Best answers
Country flag
While your comment may be tonge in cheek that is the way it seems with councils, and most other government departments.

David
We used have a saying around here "Just be glad we don't get all the government we pay for", but unfortunately, it seems we are getting more and more. Gone are the days of personal responsibility. If you wandered on to some tracks and got splattered by a train, it was sad, but it was also "Well that was pretty stupid to be playing on the tracks." Now, we have to account for some idiot with their iDevice headphones on ignoring a crossing sign and stepping in front of a train (she survived, but lost a leg, and then sued anyone and everyone.) So more regulation, more restriction, more barriers and lights and sounds at crossing..etc.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Motors sealed, battery packs sealed... no big deal, look carefully, not quite up to axle depth.

take it so the water hits the 400v inverter and see what happens!

Most new cars have air induction down low, so they will suck in water.

Greg