dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
The post previous showing last Septembers work we saw the status of the Cement Works unloading plant. This has been completed. Plastic coated foamboard was cut and scribed for planking finish, sprayed brown with some light weathering. The roof is similar construction but had been completed but not finally fitted on my previous visit. Roof scribing dome to represent large sheets of some sort of roofing material. Both have also had small pins drilled in and gently knocked home for the last couple of mm or so to give a mechanical addition to joints. All bonding using my outside glue of choice, UHU Power. Windows from a Piko or Pola source. Small steel ALDI sourced brackets have been inserted to help retain the building in place.
IMG_7221.jpegIMG_7220.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
The post previous showing last Septembers work we saw the status of the Cement Works unloading plant. This has been completed. Plastic coated foamboard was cut and scribed for planking finish, sprayed brown with some light weathering. The roof is similar construction but had been completed but not finally fitted on my previous visit. Roof scribing dome to represent large sheets of some sort of roofing material. Both have also had small pins drilled in and gently knocked home for the last couple of mm or so to give a mechanical addition to joints. All bonding using my outside glue of choice, UHU Power. Windows from a Piko or Pola source. Small steel ALDI sourced brackets have been inserted to help retain the building in place.
View attachment 313617View attachment 313618
That corrugated iron looks suitably battered and rusty. Great bit of modelling, Jon

Rik

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
That corrugated iron looks suitably battered and rusty. Great bit of modelling, Jon

Rik

Rik
Yup that is what 6 months outside will do to straightened and left partly curved baked bean cans.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Back in May I posted the work carried out on the line, more work was carried out by me this September on my visit. But between Mike has been busy and his pond is now watered plus the loop this end connected to the main line thus doing away with the temporary loop in the Garage. Next loop to go will be the one in the smaller shed, time will tell if he gets round to that before my visit next year.

This time my main efforts were on the Hotel, some finishing up work on the Cement Works and a lot of faffing with Markway Points in the main shed, these things are a bit of a nightmare being predominantly made for G1 finescale thus giving back to back issues with LGB stock. All were happily sorted with judicious use of files and some cutting with a broken hack saw blade.

But first the Hotel. Last time it was just a wooden shell with the sides cut but no detail. In truth nothing more could be done till some more window frames were procured. These arrived between my visits and there are plenty left for some more buildings. First job was to cut out the window frame holes. A platform was also cut to fit to the rear of the Hotel where a siding is present for just 1 wagon at a time to deliver supplies. 5mm Plastic coated Foamboard has been used for all this as the building will be in full sun for much of the day. Note the cutouts for the sundry pond utilities tgat are hidden in part by the Hotel.
IMG_7571.jpegIMG_7572.jpeg
Here a start has been made on the rear goods facilities. There was also the issue of passenger access to the Hotel from the Station and the Door to the left was the early thinking of this thorny problem. Cant have punters walking the tracks, even in Switzerland.
IMG_7573.jpeg
The roof was another issue, easily resolved with 4 roof tiles. Nit the most prototypical looking solution, but the lady of the house was happy so who is to disagree with that authority? By now window frames have been fitted, note the blanked out windows. Interior detail was not part of the specification, thankfully.
IMG_7575.jpeg
The rear good facility now in place, the construction on top is a supposed staircase from the Hotel to rech the stairs the ascend to the ruined Castle atop the hill. Doors added to the site for goods entry.
IMG_7576.jpeg
Here a Coop wagon delivering supplies to the completed Hotel with some detail on the platform.
IMG_7580.jpeg
Some views of the completed Hotel and Pond area.
IMG_7577.jpegIMG_7579.jpegIMG_7574.jpeg

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
IMG_7591.jpegIMG_7590.jpegIMG_7589.jpegIMG_7588.jpegIMG_7587.jpegIMG_7586.jpegIMG_7585.jpegIMG_7581.jpegInevitable a few bits to tidy up, a beech to the front for instance and a way to hide that pipe. Inevitable we had a mini open day with local friends and members of the Watchet Station Volunteers present. The first picture of this group shows the effect of the heavy rainfall that affected the area including clising down the WSR for a day or so, now all forgotten with the events weather wise for those up North this weekend.

Reactions: 1 user

justme igor

Registered
17 Apr 2020
Netherlands Westwoud
Country
Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
you are a artist.
Thanks for sharing