phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I finally got around to following Rik and Casey in replacing what look to me to be oversize wheelsets. On LGB log disconnects in my case.
Log Wheelsets - 1.jpeg Log Wheelsets - 1 (1).jpeg

I think the new wheels do give the disconnects a much better appearance. I've replaced the hook and loop couplers with LGB's link and pin couplers so the difference in coupler height is of no consequence. These will be used exclusively with my only US outline locomotive - a Bachmann two-truck Climax.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Best answers
Country flag
Am I alone in wondering why the price of Bachmann locos (even in dollars) has increased to the extent that it has? I haven’t ever paid more than £300, now they are around $1500?

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I finally got around to following Rik and Casey in replacing what look to me to be oversize wheelsets. On LGB log disconnects in my case.
View attachment 277320 View attachment 277321

I think the new wheels do give the disconnects a much better appearance. I've replaced the hook and loop couplers with LGB's link and pin couplers so the difference in coupler height is of no consequence. These will be used exclusively with my only US outline locomotive - a Bachmann two-truck Climax.
Very nice Phil.

As an aside, your weathering on them really brings them to life I think. Would you mind sharing what you did, when you have the time?

Merry Christmas!
Darren