KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
55.5 said:
I are a new one.

What are all the 'pot' things in the accessories pack and where do you put them?

and......where do the 2 'metal' plaques go?

....mine stay in the box.....life's too short to work out where to put all the bits and pieces:happy::happy::rofl:

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
mine go on and off the loco indoors

i like the details-especially an oil drum or some contrasting color item 

tip from me to you-

be mindful of the steps on the end bolsters-these are styrene-are delicate-and if you use LGB screw type connection terminal clamps to the track-they can catch the very low hanging steps and break them-

ditto the little hose brackets-even with careful handling -i have dislodged one due to the way it touches the Styrofoam cradle 

other tip-on my first run, 2 truck shay-while the smoke unit works, and rather well at high voltage-it appears to leak from time to time-into the engine and onto the front truck 

-but im not sure if its due to poor seams in the plastic reservoir , sloppy filling on my part, or what-but at times it can spread quite a bit of fluid -obviously with LGB fluid nothing will be damaged -but with lamp oil bbq concoction, there might be residue

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
You are going to have some great fun with all the extras in the Three truck package coming your way Roly! More smoke stacks than you can poke a stick at

Woderwick

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
24 Oct 2009
Ia Drang Valley
www.gtrains.co.uk
Best answers
I made a load of laser cut brackets for when mine go west. 3 were broken straight outta da box.

brack.jpg

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
For info these brackets, are for the water syphon tube to hold it in place when not in use!

You should offer these for sale Woderwick!!

They are so frail on the Shay!

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
stevelewis said:

If you do sell 'em, count me in for five!

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
yes me too please

Rob s

trains, R/C models, 4x4 off roading, motor sport
24 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
ROSS said:
beavercreek said:
stevelewis said:

If you do sell 'em, count me in for five!

Me too! accidents happen.

Count me in as well, need 2 now plus spares by the sounds of it

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
stevelewis said:
Roly

If you like the Shay you'd love the Heisler AND The CLIMAX!!:holdon:

Yes Yes Yes I just love those climaxes :rofl:

No seriously, I really do but only got two climaxes and one heisler but if I was alloed more I would just collect them.

b000aa70e70b4821aa4aaa5e67a613c7.jpg

The next two shots were taken about two years ago before a major upgrade to the quarry section

cfbf7f24a38046dca83ba76143e0dc7e.jpg

02f9a749b4fd45f1b14c36c92ee2f91d.jpg

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
55.5 said:
I are a new one.

What are all the 'pot' things in the accessories pack and where do you put them?

and......where do the 2 'metal' plaques go?

well theres a corrogated water jug, a drum with spikes, a barrel -probably tallow or water, oil, re-railers, shovels and track tools, and wrenches, and an open tool box-all of which look better after the handles are painted and the metal toned down

many shays dont have shay plates, from my book of logging shays

in fact the majority

-----------------but when they have them these were often at the bottom sill of the cab-or on the bottom of the cylinder housing-centered

Rob s

24 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
55.5 said:
When I received mine from Steve there were 3 short, he probably hadnt noticed, breather hose was still coiled up in sealed plastic bag. Just cut the screw off of 3 similar sized brass hooks and stuck them into the holes for the plaggy ones, lick of black acrylic and bobs yer uncle!!!!**

** For younger members, "there you go"!

Any chance of a pic of your brass hook fix? sound like it may be of use to a few of us :D

Rob s

24 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
stevelewis said:
Roly

If you like the Shay you'd love the Heisler AND The CLIMAX!!:holdon:

Really like the Heisler too, still waiting for one to arrive from ASH ???
any one have any way of contacting him ???

Woderwick

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
24 Oct 2009
Ia Drang Valley
www.gtrains.co.uk
Best answers
I'll see if I can get another run done. It's an industrial laser so it's busy most of the time. £10 plus p&p should cover it and that would be for a set to do one side. 10 brackets in all.

That would be on the understanding that they are what they are, made for my use originally and I dont want to hear any "I cant get them to fit, they are crepe" etc.

I'll post when I get a run done

Woderwick

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
24 Oct 2009
Ia Drang Valley
www.gtrains.co.uk
Best answers
Like Roly says, you just trim away the busted bits and clear out the hole under the runnung board with a drill in a pin chuck and then the clips snap into place.

I have asked the laser man to put a radius on the end of the hook, we shall see. I have to be honest when its painted its not really noticeable.

Woderwick

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
24 Oct 2009
Ia Drang Valley
www.gtrains.co.uk
Best answers
Requests now add up to 10 packs now, so I'll try and get a run done soon. My man has the program, it's just a question when we can get it done