RX66-22 Help please

Emilys dad

Registered
2 Jun 2015
People's Republic of Liverpool
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

Just looking for a little bit of help/clarification. I'm currently setting up a Bachmann 2-8-0 with a Deltang Rx66-22. I'll be connecting the front and rear lights through pads 1 & 2. However, I want to keep the firebox and ashpan lights. I'm planning on controlling them off pad 5 with the bind button. Deltang site says;

P5On/OffCh5, Start high, toggle when channel is Low, Latching action

Am I right in thinking that i can just connect the 2 LED boards up to pad 5 (inc resistors), and then pressing the bind button will latch them off and then on?

I assume P5 is 3.3V too?

Thanks

Phil

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Phil,

Yes, 3.3V when 'on', 'disconnected' when 'off'..
NOTE: Do not draw more than 20mA MAXIMUM off Pin 5. - 12mA is a lot kinder, but it may depend of the components on your existing boards.

Other connection to battery negative.

PhilP.

Emilys dad

Registered
2 Jun 2015
People's Republic of Liverpool
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks PhilP.

The firebox and ashpan use 4 LEDs in total. They're 20mA typical and 30mA max. Will that be too much? I think that all 4 in parallel will draw 120mA?

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks PhilP.

The firebox and ashpan use 4 LEDs in total. They're 20mA typical and 30mA max. Will that be too much? I think that all 4 in parallel will draw 120mA?

W-a-y too much! - These outputs are 'logic-level' control outputs really.. Not designed for that sort of load. You will 'pop' the receiver.

I would use Pads A, B, or C.
These are 'reinforced' outputs: Pad A is on forwards. Pad B is on backwards, and Pad C is momentary when the Bind button is pressed. - So halfway there! :D

It would mean a programming change to alter any one of these to toggle/latch for each press of the Bind button.

PhilP.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks PhilP, I'll run with just 1 for now, I'll try reprogramming in a bit, once I've got to grips with it.

If you get stuck.. You know where I am. :)

PhilP.