RX66-22 Help please

Emilys dad

Emilys dad

Registered
Hi all,

Just looking for a little bit of help/clarification. I'm currently setting up a Bachmann 2-8-0 with a Deltang Rx66-22. I'll be connecting the front and rear lights through pads 1 & 2. However, I want to keep the firebox and ashpan lights. I'm planning on controlling them off pad 5 with the bind button. Deltang site says;

P5On/OffCh5, Start high, toggle when channel is Low, Latching action

Am I right in thinking that i can just connect the 2 LED boards up to pad 5 (inc resistors), and then pressing the bind button will latch them off and then on?

I assume P5 is 3.3V too?

Thanks

Phil

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Hi Phil,

Yes, 3.3V when 'on', 'disconnected' when 'off'..
NOTE: Do not draw more than 20mA MAXIMUM off Pin 5. - 12mA is a lot kinder, but it may depend of the components on your existing boards.

Other connection to battery negative.

PhilP.

Emilys dad

Emilys dad

Registered
Thanks PhilP.

The firebox and ashpan use 4 LEDs in total. They're 20mA typical and 30mA max. Will that be too much? I think that all 4 in parallel will draw 120mA?

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Thanks PhilP.

The firebox and ashpan use 4 LEDs in total. They're 20mA typical and 30mA max. Will that be too much? I think that all 4 in parallel will draw 120mA?

W-a-y too much! - These outputs are 'logic-level' control outputs really.. Not designed for that sort of load. You will 'pop' the receiver.

I would use Pads A, B, or C.
These are 'reinforced' outputs: Pad A is on forwards. Pad B is on backwards, and Pad C is momentary when the Bind button is pressed. - So halfway there! :D

It would mean a programming change to alter any one of these to toggle/latch for each press of the Bind button.

PhilP.

Emilys dad

Emilys dad

Registered
Thanks PhilP, I'll run with just 1 for now, I'll try reprogramming in a bit, once I've got to grips with it.