Round Robin boxcar

Isn't it what you'd call "Weathered"?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
The Round Robin Boxcar was a fantastic and original concept, and personally I think it should remain as such.

I understand that the boxcar didn't get everywhere and it is disappointing to miss out, but it was a monumental task to send it to as many lines as possible around the globe, and essentially there would always be one or two that it wouldn't get to.

But..

If you get another one and start again, where do you stop? If some railways missed out on the first one, and subsequently miss out on the second too, do we start a third?

The original idea was both unique and brilliant, and thanks to the members of this great forum, superbly executed. If we start again the idea is no longer original or unique. Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge? The original idea was great, but by the 10th or 11th viewing of yet another person trying to put their unique spin on how to throw iced water over themselves, it all became a bit dull.

Perhaps I'm just a sentimental old sod (or a miserable git :) ), but I think there has to come a time whereby the Box car is finally returned to it's originator and becomes part of the history and legacy of GSC.

Crikey, just gone back through this thread from post #1. Wasn't it nice and clean when it started out.

On the other hand, we do have new members who were not around when the Boxcar did it's travels, so should we do another. Oh I just don't know now - Confused of Shropshire :think::think::worried:

On the other hand, we do have new members who were not around when the Boxcar did it's travels, so should we do another. Oh I just don't know now - Confused of Shropshire :think::think::worried:

I think that if someone is prepared to put up a new boxcar and start it on its way, then there is really no reason not to...... I do agree with your earlier post that the first one was a very special idea, but as you say above, many folks on here now were not around when it went on its travels.....

I'd say go for it!

Jon.

i've got a white special edition 3019 post van, that was built from parts I got off someone on here that, i'd be happy to put up as a traveling van

i've got a white special edition 3019 post van, that was built from parts I got off someone on here that, i'd be happy to put up as a traveling van

Very kind of you, Sparky, sounds good to me? :)

I will dust it out, and post a pic, Phil If you see this thread I still have yr bulbs, I've not been well so not been here or caught up with things till today

2015-10-21 18.19.27.jpg White 3019 Post Van

I will dust it out, and post a pic, Phil If you see this thread I still have yr bulbs, I've not been well so not been here or caught up with things till today

Noticeable by your absence.. ;)
Contact details, et al, in a 'conversation' we were having.
TIA, Phil.

Mate as long you're happy to have everyone's railway names emblazoned all over it when it returns from it's travels then why not? Go for it.

Ian, put the bulbs in it, and send it to me!
;):clap::clap:

will post off sat,

Paul
Are you still willing to send the original wagon over for the Warley National model railway exhibition? The exhibition is held at the end of November.

Paul
Are you still willing to send the original wagon over for the Warley National model railway exhibition? The exhibition is held at the end of November.
Yes just pm me an address

Sparky - probably best to start a new thread for your van.

Sparky - probably best to start a new thread for your van.

Perhaps when it turns up, and have something to add, Ian (Sparky) can add an introduction, and I will follow-up??