rgs box cars,,,,

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
can anyone tellme if the ams rgs boxcars are actually accurate,,,

did they exist as the models depict or are there any inacuracies,,,,, trucks , numbers etc,,,

thanks for any help

davey b

no railway but big box storage and dust gathering facility up and running,,,,,

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
thanks steve,,, im not a rivet counter but i may turn into one so i want to buy something reasonably close,,,

i think i bought a black spectrum 4 4 0 off you,,,, few years ago, or a lgb starter coach,,,,, not sure

it would be nice to buy a few accurate box cars or any accurate rgs stock,,, i know there are cabooses which are ok

and i think the accucraft gondola seems right and bachmann tank car maby,,, but i think thats about it ,,,

unless theres kits out there,,,,

i know steve from b2b6 has the correct trucks,,,, i was in there last week sniffing around them,,,

good to see he is back aswell,,,,,

davey b

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
yes i also started around four years ago and like yourself bought lgb,,, and then i bought a cheep connie from the usa when the xchange rate was 2-1 hmmmm,, big mistake!!!
then another followed and i lost interest in the lgb as i like the accuracy of the spectrum and accucraft range,,,,

although it turns out some is more accurate than others,,,,,

but its not toy like,,,

like yourself ,steve from b2b6 has been great and i have 2 k 28s and a san juan set all second hand and at a price that i could just afford,,,

but apart from a few wagons thats me for a while,,,,,, although could just sneak in another loco,,,,
spectrum rgs 455 would be most welcome,,,,

i think more prototypical rgs/c&s will follow as there is a market out there,,,,

so,,, need a bigger house/shed/garden/wallet,,,, minor lottery win required,,

really want a k36 though,,, sigh,,

one day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

davey b

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
yes steve had the coaches last week,,, they are really nice but

im sort of aiming for the last few years of rgs operation so i dont think they had a passenger service then,,,,,
not really intrested in the geeses but a c19 or berlyn 20 may get snaffled

i was hoping bachmann will make the k27s with the inside canting cylinders
even thaught about chopping up one to make 461,,,,,,,,

not heard of anyone trying it yet,,,

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
rio grandes stuff is excellent but i suppose my priority is for a k36/37 and a few rgs stock/box cars

and rgs 455 and either rgs 20 or maby 41,,,, or both,,,, i wish,,,

obviously i need a rich long lost relative to die, or a wet floor in an office block to slip on etc etc,,,,

steve,,, whats your 22 like,,, is it any good,,

and not seen the saddle tank as it too early for me,,,

i think the fact the rgs was so ramshackle is part of its appeal,,, that and the amazing terrain it crossed,,,

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
thanks steve thats a great help,,,,

i was lucky in a way really as i decided after about 2 years of lgb collecting and various bachmann aquisitions i decided to go drgw 1 20,3,,, and then rgs as it meant i could use my 2 k27s more realistically,,,

so i never spent too much on some of the really nice 1 22.5 stuff that you have,,

i noticed grs has 4 berlyn k36/37 second hand at only 3 grand a pop........ cough etc,,

so if you no off any rich widows with a dicky heart let me know eh!!!

mind you i still have a few lgb bits to get rid off,,,,,

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
$2000 is very optimistic,,,, i think he had the set of three 20 22 25
but only has 22 left,,,

its no 20 i would go for,,, as it would fit in with what ive got,

come to think of it i remember the ks,,,,, i think they were all green boilered,,,

could be another set though,,,, they have sound and are mint,,,,

3 biguns is whhhhhhheeeyyyyyy too muchos eh,,

oh for the 2 to 1 pound to return,,,,

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
ahhh knowlege is power,,,,,

families eh!!! resource drainage facility!,,,,,,

40 sheets is very good for any box car from accucraft,,,

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The reason there have been only 2 models of the C&S locomotives in 1:20.3 is they have not sold well. St Aubin Station in the States still had them in stock last year. A friend of mine got one at a discount when they were trying to move some stock. Even some of the Aster # 22 Moguls are still available in Live Steam .

C&S HOn3 locomotives however is a different story !! They couldn't make enough.

Charles M

Parkdesigner

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Los Angeles, CA / Derbyshire, UK / Frankfurt, DE
Best answers
Country flag
Well, there is always this #22! http://rctrains.com/SpecialItemsForSale.htm

(And apparently you can get the #20 as well! http://120pointme.blogspot.com/2010/06/happy-birthday-to-us.html )

And - if you really want a K-37 - an Accuraft version just sold off the MLS classifieds for $1800 US!! Still another one, with RC and Sound is only $2200... a far better deal than those Berlyn ones!

(Final note - the gentleman with the BLW #22 on ebay is a dealer in California - and a real #$@ according to most... I've met him once or twice and let's just say he lived up to his rep! Nevertheless... he uses the BLW engines as bait... he'll let you bid on them from time to time at a low starting price, then ends the action early canceling all bids. The next week he does the same thing again. Recently now, he's just left them on at manke-an-offer or the high priced BIN... if you make any offer, he declines, but then tries to sell you other items as I understand it. As far as most people can tell, he will never sell them unless he gets his BIN price.)

daveyb

25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
hmmm yes id seen those k37s,,,,,

i think one was new as well,,,

there is hope,,,,,,,,,

any one want to buy a kidney????