Revolution (sound equipped RX board) loco will keep on issuing grade crossing sound (4 blasts) at random intervals for seemingly no reason

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
I have an Accucraft C16 equipped with a Revolution receiver RX (DC) that is sound equipped.
Battery powered with a 19v 3600 amh NimH battery pack.
Everything works fine and the sound functions respond fine BUT.... the board will randomly issue 'grade' signal (four toots of the whistle) as it travels on its way.
The only way to stop it is to silence all of the sounds with the transmitter.
I have looked everywhere in the manual but am stumped as to how to stop the automatic random issuing of the grade signal or to even lower the volume on that function.
I probably have missed something....

Any folk who can help out there?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
??
I seem to remember there was a random element to sounds..
??
I also think there was a way to turn that randomness off
??

Be a case of trawling the paperwork to match the version you have.

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
The random grade crossing whistle seems to happen under constant speed and was tested on an indoor circuit that was pretty flat ( but might have had obvious things like small undulations and then of course fairly relaxed curves etc).
But there where certain sections of the track that caused the whistle to blow as well as the random places.

I have trawled and trawled through all of the manuals online (both DC and DCC and Super base station) and found precious little about the sounds on the sound enabled RX boards, and obviously then not found any mention of 'randomness' or how to control it. With other sound cards like Phoenix, Soundtraxx and even DCC ones there is always a way to control the operation of 'automatic' sounds it but obviously I may have missed something concerning the Revolution system.

The manual for the DC system refers to the earlier non-sound boards does not cover the sound enabled boards and only describes how the system can be set up for third party sound cards. :(

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag