revolting James

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Today i have been mostly revolting James....( Fitting James with a Aristocraft Revo chip) nothing really new or interesting involved but he needed doing as its near enough impossible to get him to run slowly via track power, So 2 x 7.2v battery packs were wired in series and fitted to the tender along with a fuse and connecting wire / plug. i used 2 because quite a few LEDs will be added soon plus a mp3 player (playing Thomas tunes).
001_zpsc4ed924f.jpg

For the loco an on off switch, a green power on LED and charging socket was added to the cab below which is the socket that the batteries connect into
002_zps95ac1b99.jpg

I then added a directional bright LED to his original fake front lamp by simply burning a hole with my soldering iron to the silver front and popping out the back panel. Another hole burned though the floor and wired onto the power switch so it lights up as long as the power is on. Another one will be fitted shining up onto his face and a red one down the chimney as well as one to the rear of the tender but want to run him at night to get an idea of brightness first
010-1_zps89d43483.jpg

as the batteries were fully charged it was time for a test run

015_zps1b67012d.jpg

He is a lot more controllable and capable of a nice slow crawl

012-1_zps071e6489.jpg

After 3 hours he was still going round and showed little sign of slowing..here posing and accompanied by the next to be Revo--ed subject my new Mallet
014-1_zps85bcf6e7.jpg

Thomas Percy and Emily will soon follow suit