Resin Buildings - Best paint type + varnish?

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hi guys, I've been searching through the forum but not really found the answers i want. I've already built a few resin buildings that are either stone look or well weathered timber. For this I've used halfords grey primer, followed by thinned down mix of humbrol and dabbed on with a sponge. One of these has now been outside for over two years with no sign of paint lose. But my next building (signal box), I looking for a more pristeen finish, and not really getting the paint finish I'm looking for from trying the humbrols :( I've just been out to buy 2 tubes of acrylic paint to see if that works. Are these likely to be suitable and would I need to seal/varnish once I'm done? The buildings will be left out all year round....

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
I also usually use Humbrol and they're usually OK. I think the real answer is to make sure the resin is well washed before painting to make sure the release agent is scrubbed off. This probably isn't something you don't already know though Andy.

I know someone who uses exterior masonary paint succesfully. He buys it in small matchpots and mixes colours to get what he needs. I'd be inclined to try that.