Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
Ok teccy folks
I have a loco which has a duff lgb onboard decoder, 2 motor version 3A
It is connected to an onboard sound card.
Is there a suitable replacement decoder that will connect to the sound card as the original onboard decoders are getting hard to find..............:wondering:

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
How old is the loco? - I know of two connections between decoder, and sound card..

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
How old is the loco? - I know of two connections between decoder, and sound card..
Phil
the decoder is a me014110 and the connection is 4pin from red socket on board to red socket on sound card if this helps

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Massoth did a interface board, which replaced the decoder, allowing you to plug all the existing connectors to it.. You then used a ten-pin connector to connect to a replacement decoder.

A good idea, IF you have the space for the board, plus a decoder.

I know where there are some of these interface boards, if that will help?

I *might* have one of the decoders kicking about, but am not sure if it works, or not.. :(

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for your help Phil
After pondering the problem I am just gonna fit an XL decoder and rewire the lights as a previous owner has mucked around with the internals.
The sound card I will utilise in another loco which has the onboard decoder.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
This decoder?

LGB-Onboard-Decoder-ME-014110.jpg

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yes greg thats the one

AlpineAndy - The least technical effort, albiet maybe not the cheapest solution, would be to replace the decoder board with the same exact unit. TrainLi.com, Reno, NV, has them available for $165 plus shipping: LGB Factory Default Engine Decoder - Description: ME 014100 Onboard Decoder 3 A ( 2x40x, 2x42x, 2x43x, 2x44x,,2x46x, 2x51x, 2x52x, 2x55x, 2x57x) - Alternative Part No. 84001-002.

I've also seen used ones posted for sale obviously much cheaper in Germany eBay.de Shipping such a small, light weight item from Germany would only be about 10 - 15 euros.

Good luck!

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The red connector is for the SUSI interface. Zimo, Massoth and LGB (Made by massoth) and even ESU have this interface. LGB engine sound boards were not DCC, they had SUSI bus interface. ESU smoke unit also had the SUSI interface.