Best answers
Country flag
A wireing diagram of LGB 50110 would be most useful if any one can help

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Is this a transformer,?:clap: (always helps if the actual description is mentioned as well as cat No )

If it is what is the problem with it?

granddad gnome

Registered
24 Oct 2009
TUXFORD - NOTTINGHAMSHIRE - ENGLAND.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Steve, yes it is a transformer. The problem is no out put, i have check it with a meter and find that mains are going in but nothing coming out. I have taken it apart and found that if I bypass the reset then i get the power. So I thought that perhaps I could ether replace the reset if I can identify it or rewire it to work without.

Peter

LTfan

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Don't know if this could apply to LGB.
My non-LGB transformer failed and the overload device, a fusible resistor in one leg of the mains i/p, had gone o/c.
They are available from Farnell among other people but I chickened-out and fitted a picofuse instead.

David

WhitehouseFilms

Registered
5 Aug 2018
UK
Best answers
I'm having issues with my 50110 transformer and I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to. What happened was I was running my trains around the circuit when the MTS system when into its emergency stop mode. I reset the system by pressing the emergency stop button on my walkabout controller and then the whole system went off. I pressed the reset button on the 50110 transformer but it clicked itself off again. I disconnected the track feeds in case there was a short somewhere in the rails and yet the transformer still refused to reset and kept clicking off. Has this ever happened to anyone before and would they know how I can fix this issue?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Steve, yes it is a transformer. The problem is no out put, i have check it with a meter and find that mains are going in but nothing coming out. I have taken it apart and found that if I bypass the reset then i get the power. So I thought that perhaps I could ether replace the reset if I can identify it or rewire it to work without.

Peter

You can download the .pdf on this link if that helps.

Lodgie_

Registered
29 Jan 2020
Yaiza
Best answers
Country flag

Peter
Peter, did you ever sort the problem out - I have the same thing, the reset switch which is open circuit, is definately the problem. I would think it's an overload sensor, too much current will break the circuit. But what to replace it with? I've never had to reset this yet but the law of s*d states that as soon as I bypass it something will start to smoke!