dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Mine are 2 RHB ones that did service on the Ruschbagn for many years and now are in my reserve DR set cos they are the correct colour. Sadly they do not get a lot of use but are much treasured.

One had the bottom Door Sprocket trashed. What I did was to drill a hole into the bottom of the offending door and put some wire in that was a loose fit. Turn the Coach upside down put door back in place by fitting the top sprocket in it's hole then turn back upright while the wire dropped down into the bottom hole. Job sorted till the coach does a somersault!
JonD

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I have a fleet of 5 green coaches, as well as a couple of red and cream ones. I personally prefer this style of vehicle to the balcony end DR/Harz ones.

I also have a couple of red bodies that I have mounted on cut down NQD underframes and fitted with NQD roofs.

Zerogee, if you want to loose your corridor connection to a good home, I can provide it with one....

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Photo 1 is door closed photo 2 raise door after you've opened it no need for bending or flexing, please don't break it cos their like hens teeth to replace and they fall out regularly and never seen again. The top lug needs to raise into socket at roof edge photo 2.

I'm in need of quite a few doors and have gone down the 3D print route with SLR models. A very good option. I'm a very satisfied customer.
Ah, sad to learn they are difficult to obtain. I am building up a carriage from bits bought online but am a couple of doors short. I like the sound of 3D printing. It should come in uselul too for the several whistles I need for a variety of locos.

jimmytrains_0

Registered
16 Dec 2009
Ealing
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, sad to learn they are difficult to obtain. I am building up a carriage from bits bought online but am a couple of doors short. I like the sound of 3D printing. It should come in uselul too for the several whistles I need for a variety of locos.

southgate light railway printed door

Attachments

• door fits well.jpeg
    door fits well.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
  • door fits well lugs in right place.jpeg
    door fits well lugs in right place.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 user

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag

jimmytrains_0

Registered
16 Dec 2009
Ealing
Best answers
Country flag
not wanting to be a total anorak. The door lugs are different. The doors are molded on door handles or have a hole for a door knob and latch. There are many differences. There are 4 different door styles for the jaffa coaches. left and right hand doors are different parts.
from experience the jaffa coaches don't take a paint change as easy as single colour coach.
I've bought original doors off ebay de and this is expensive compared to a 3D option