Regner Thingyjack & old underpants

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
As requested a couple of pictures of my modified Lumberjack . The cab front & back were made using the cardboard template method , then cut out of brass sheet with some made up brass loops to fix it over the cab uprights. The gas tank was moved to the side of the cab using the existing pipework , the coal in the bunker was a freebie out of the Roundhouse gash bucket. The windows were fabricated by my father in law & the weather screens were hade from my old boxer shorts cut to size then painted green . This hopefully gives it a more UK industrial look as opposed to a North American logging loco.
174606269dd04e9bbccbf8c45a8800c1.jpg

a28ce7b2e09646aea9de13ccc47663b5.jpg

For some reason my computer is not letting me resize the ones i took of it in action , I will take some more tomorrow.
Cheers Garry

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
Like it.......:clap:

hobbyfossi201

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi Garry!

Your LumberJack looks very good, I like it.
I had one but didn´t find the proper way to give it a more british style.

Therefore it went off to a friend who bashed it slightly for the use on his quarry-line.

regards
Klaus

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for your encouragement . Not been able to take better pictures due to the weather & work. The loco was bought second hand from ebay ( never again! ) it arrived minus the second boiler band & the wooden buffer. This I was expecting however it would not run as I subsequently found out the quartering was all over. Luckily I had expert help on hand to solve this or I would have been sunk.
She looks better in the flesh, than my pictures . will attempt to post more. As mentioned getting a U.S loco to look more British is not an easy job . I don't know if I have succeeded but I think she certainly looks less U.S.
Cheers Garry