Regner Otto pictures

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
Had a heat wave today 22F. Took the live steam Regner Otto out for some pictures. Nice day for steam plumes although my water filler hose on my spray bottle kept freezing up on me. Guess its all part of the fun when it comes to winter steaming.

10876s8.jpg

349cjmc.jpg

uoc39.jpg

52bfi1.jpg

357emhi.jpg

2ignfk4.jpg

1ienhu.jpg

s5kzls.jpg

Railfan

Registered
17 Nov 2009
Northern California, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent pictures, Shawn. The Otto looks really good and has a beautiful steam plume!

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
There's nothing like a Regner ;)I love em...

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
Super pictures Shawn, how long does she run for on a single fill of water and gas ?

Shawn

Thanks guys
Garry Run time is hard to say. The gas tank is much larger then the boiler. Under perfect conditions you can probably get 20 minutes. I did add the Regner top off system. That will almost double the time. I have to wait for a warmer day to really test how long it will run for. Its a fun little steamer. It takes a few trys getting it to light. I haven't found that sweet spot with the air collar.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Nice to see your line again Shawn. Also good to know that the snow is not over your heads!
The Regner looks terrific.

It has practically been one continual wet over here in Essex for months. Not conducive for doing very much at all outdoor rail related.

I went outside today to check that there was no stuff blown over etc and found the lawn completely sodden, filled with moss and the rail ballast gradually washing away in places.

To think that last year we had scenes like from your line at the moment.... Apparently we have another bout of stormy weather with more flooding predicted...Great, with wet weather like this, we could be in Seattle!

Keep the photos coming it brightens up me day :D :D :D

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Stop Pictures of Otto Immediately. As I am everely tempted and you are not helping!
JonD.

Shawn

Haha JonD........ I think you would regret it if you didn't get one. Its a fun little steamer.
Mike I hear the weather out that way has not been so good. Sounds like its going to continue into February. Our forecast calls for more cold and snow.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Shawn said:
Haha JonD........ I think you would regret it if you didn't get one.
You got that right, looks like more of my LGB going to Glendale Jcn! Already have 2 Regners. One never run yet, too lovely!
JonD

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
great set of photos, ta very muchh!¬! :eek:

KandNWLR

Live steam on the indoor K&NWLR
18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Those are some fantastic photos. Wish my "Otto" had arrived from Regner - I think that the Easyline locomotives are excellent value for what they represent - and they are extremely reliable, once you´ve worked out their little idiocyncracies. Keep the photos coming.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Hm old pictures of Otto gone. As it was a nice day today I decided to have some steam running. 2 Battery Locomotives were used to shunt some stock out in the Garden then Otto did his thing for a couple or 3 hours on and off with breaks for Coffee and Lunch. Very rewarding.

Passing the pond with the new Japaneese type railing inserted earlier this year, the other bit on the left was done last year. Replacement fencing done at the last hot spell before Easter can be seen, 5 fence panels worth.
399F01A4-2A93-4D37-854E-64A03424A661.jpeg
Approaching Magdesprung with a full head of Steam whilst still cool this morning. What can be better that a clear signal and steam to spare?

In truth that is the exhaust and the safety valve is not blowing off.
9BC36ABC-0F02-4A09-AA79-B1A4F4B69EA6.jpeg
Stopping for a spot of Water at Magdesprung.
01F4B754-CF61-4ABB-8C11-CD81C353542C.jpeg
Passing over the Green Bridge.
8CD1615B-FF1D-4166-BC42-2B740B55BAF9.jpeg
At ET waiting to return, run round here is a bit tricky. The original plan was to use the 25tonner but the consist was too long so Otto had to run round in the normal manner. This involved setting him off then going inside the shed to stop him. Go back out to change the points. Go back in to start him then go back out to stop him. Hm Otto does not like the R1 points at the crossover and came off, not the best of places to rerail an angry hot Dragon! Still we persevered and he is now anxious to get away from ET.
6F320B85-04E7-453A-812A-98FC393F44D8.jpeg
Returning we ran round at Lindenburg so that he could go over Belah Viaduct for some pics then run round at Magdesprung to head home to Gernrode. Low level pic on the Viaduct.
45448659-4536-4788-B148-644841FC0524.jpeg
Passing the ‘Cash in the Attic’ out of use with an X the other side Signal.
9CEC8C36-25E2-4DE9-B44C-E842AE4DD1C8.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user