Regner Lumberjack pictures needed

Kim4601

Registered
4 Sep 2010
Best answers
Hello everyone, I wasnt sure weather to post this in the live steam or kit bashing thread as its something of a deciding thing rather than a physical aspect, but could someone be so kind to possibly post underside pictures of a regner lumberjack if they have one at all, im trying to decide between the accucraft plantation engine that seems to be instock at places in the US and the regner lumberjack, however the later would require some modifications that I believe are realistic and simple as far as I can tell but I havent seen the physical locomotive in the flesh to determine things,

im looking at possibly purchasing a regner lumberjack and giving it side tanks and lengthening the wheelbase that would in theory require just some existing spare parts such as an extra cab, a few nuts and bolts and perhaps some solder to modify but im unsure given the locomotives known geared nature weather or not actually lengthening it would be realistic, i'd like to avoid possibly using a ponytruck and preserving the 0-4-0 wheel configuration.. likely the hard way to go about things I know though

, as such i'd likely lean towards the plantation engine thats already basically what I want, the issue really is I know the regner lumberjack is a good strong runner from videos ive seen and the accucraft is a rod engine.. my plans for my railroad include some harsh and unforgiving grades and corners because I have a very small garden

you'll have to forgive my somewhat primitive MS paint jigsaw puzzle of copy and paste but this is basicly what I have in mind for a jumberjack, any help would be appreciated, im just looking for the underside photo of the actual gearing and axles.. i'd ideally try to hide the oscillating cylinders under the tanks with perhaps a hidden panel for oiling.. which is exactly what lead to the whole idea..

Thanks

dadf87bebd134b0084b8d7533c704853.jpg

thumper

Live Steam, Gardening, Golf, Grand Children and Ro
22 Jan 2010
Livonia, Michigan, USA
Best answers
Good morning. Give me the specific views, you want, including angle. Also, include your address and the level of resolution you need.

I would post photos here, but I'm technically challenged with this site when comes to imbedding photos.

Regards,

Kim4601

Registered
4 Sep 2010
Best answers
My apologies thumper I posted this thread then life got in the way, thankyou for your quick responce going by the date :) if you'd be so kind as to post pictures of the lumberjacks underside and the engine/running gear as im both looking on how to modify it and hide it somewhat hoping to turn a lumberjack into something of a JNR type japanese tank locomotive in absence of the B20 loco that I wanted from aster some moons ago

I also note sorry that your challenged as to how to upload here, I overcame that hurdle somewhat recently, simply upload the picture at the bottom of your forum post when your writing one then click that "add file attachments" button and I believe your picture appears wherever the marker appears in your post such like [attachedfile1] or whatever it is exactly, simply move that to where you want the picture, best of luck

Thankyou