Regner Konrad steaming on a cold afternoon

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Here is my new to me Regner Konrad steaming on a cold afternoon, so excellent plumes. Engine has a Wee Bee Loco Works safety valve on it, 3 Regner lanterns, and I added my original lead figure that I kept when I sold my Regner Willi. Mike the Aspie

Reactions: 2 users

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
That is wonderful. And i love the layout. Great ambience, plausible fantasy. Love the station, lights, and the fairy house. Mulch makes it very woodst to my eye. Great tiny world.

I think you need some grizzly flats style passenger cars.

Is that loco single cylinder?
Is it easy to fire and run?

Ireally like it.

How is compared to willi? Quieter?
Does a willi run more slowly?

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
The Regner Willi used the same basic chassis as the Konrad but with a vertical boiler, single cylinder, geared 6 to 1, so nice slow running, up and down hills and so forth. The current Regner Henry engine uses the same basic chassis and cylinder, but with a wood body instead of metal. The Regner Lumberjack and Chaloner use a twin cylinder set up and 2 to 1 gearing, so a bit faster running but still have no need for RC control to prevent a run away. Sadly Konrad and Willi are no longer produced, but can be found second hand. Regner also currently makes Vincent, Also the same basic chassis as my Konrad, but with the cylinder mounted on top of the boiler like a traction/road engine and a nice chain driving the cross shaft under the boiler. Excellent beginners engines due to thier gearing and slow/safe speeds.

Reactions: 1 user

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
The Regner Willi used the same basic chassis as the Konrad but with a vertical boiler, single cylinder, geared 6 to 1, so nice slow running, up and down hills and so forth. The current Regner Henry engine uses the same basic chassis and cylinder, but with a wood body instead of metal. The Regner Lumberjack and Chaloner use a twin cylinder set up and 2 to 1 gearing, so a bit faster running but still have no need for RC control to prevent a run away. Sadly Konrad and Willi are no longer produced, but can be found second hand. Regner also currently makes Vincent, Also the same basic chassis as my Konrad, but with the cylinder mounted on top of the boiler like a traction/road engine and a nice chain driving the cross shaft under the boiler. Excellent beginners engines due to thier gearing and slow/safe speeds.
I love Regner engines , it's a pity they stopped making the Konrad and the Willi but you never know, they may bring them back but I doubt it.001.JPG002.JPG

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
I would love to find the specticle plate for my Konrad(I have a German made laser cut wood cab that is unbuilt if someone wants to swap) and I still hope I can find a nice Willi to purchase next year. I do not care for the Regner engines that are mostly wood like the new Henry. Prefer the all metal locomotives, seem to hold up better. I think Regner would be smarter to keep the Willi and Konrad in the catalog, both are still excellent entry level engines being gear driven. Trying to chase a red hot Ruby or RH basic series on a ground level line or when one is learning to drive the model, can be a painful experience. Mike