Re-painting a LGB 4 wheel, 7 window coach...

jameshilton

Registered
22 Nov 2010
Near Llangollen, United Kingdom
ejklr.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Mel - of course you can...
The EJ&KLR is completely freelance... kind of a preserved line in the UK originally, inspired by the W&L preservation era... Stock so far is a Stainz, Shay! and U-class. Variety of rolling stock - some OBB, some Zillertalbahn, some custom EJ&KLR. The lettering reads 'Cax 256'. If you're familiar with the W&L the decals were inspired by their bogie Hungarian coaches!

However the idea was to have a few items that could give a flavour of an Austrian line in the 1960s, hence the latest repaint.

Garrett - go for it! I'd love the low-arch roof for my post van, just haven't justified importing one from Modell-land.de yet! I think mine was Humbrol Dark Satin Grey.

Bredebahn

Cinema, Garden Railway, Private Flying (licenced p
25 Oct 2009
A field near Rye, in beautiful East Sussex.
Best answers
First class job you have there. I think the wooden window frames are perfect for that vehicle. It does look very pristine for an austere railway though, who would probably have acquired it in a, shall we say, less than perfect condition!

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
jameshilton said:
Mel - of course you can...
The EJ&KLR is completely freelance... kind of a preserved line in the UK originally, inspired by the W&L preservation era... Stock so far is a Stainz, Shay! and U-class. Variety of rolling stock - some OBB, some Zillertalbahn, some custom EJ&KLR. The lettering reads 'Cax 256'. If you're familiar with the W&L the decals were inspired by their bogie Hungarian coaches!

However the idea was to have a few items that could give a flavour of an Austrian line in the 1960s, hence the latest repaint.

Garrett - go for it! I'd love the low-arch roof for my post van, just haven't justified importing one from Modell-land.de yet! I think mine was Humbrol Dark Satin Grey.
Right, I understand - in fact that's a very similar philosophy to the WGLR.

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
yb281 said:
Smashing job James. Looks excellent.

Can I ask a couple of questions -
What Country will your line be set in?
Does the decal bottom left say "CAR 256"?

Cax is what it appears to be.

Which C = third class in much of Europe, but the a and x are making me scratch my head....

Cis would be an Austrian narrow gauge open platform third class four wheel coach...

Same car Ci/u in Czech....

Same car KCi in Germany....

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Sorry, did not know there were two pages when I posted the reply above...:thinking:

Cax would be a narrow gauge Hungarian third class car as James pointed out. But trying to sort it out other classes (Bk, Cax, BDa) is beyond me!!

I somehow ended up with several roofs to mix and match. I had the idea of putting Austrian high arch roofs on some "set" passenger cars....but somehow they just did not look right. I took the clearstory off the set roofs, put on vents, volia...

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
happy to do a roof swap if anyone is interested, issue is may take a few months as everything is packed away for a house move.

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
jameshilton said:
Well, luck of the day was I got a 1982-3 3019 post van in poor/fair condition today for.....FREE.

My idea of the grey painted low roof postal van is now in the works! It will live the the fleet of three or four I have already.

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
Very nice looking coach, James. I was feeling sad at the loss of the red-and-cream look, but no longer!

jameshilton

Registered
22 Nov 2010
Near Llangollen, United Kingdom
ejklr.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks! It got some running this weekend, although it looks good behind the U-tank I'm yearning for a completely custom EJ&KLR train - and something a bit different up front. More on that later in May.

ae1291ca2e8943c2a9d57f30e8ff35c6.jpg